Feeling fed up.

Options
Feeling thoroughly fed up today. I am very hungry and very tired. I should be feeling great after 19lb loss. I feel bloated and horrible and my stomach is sticking out like it used to. I really don't know if I am doing things right or if I am eating too little again. I wanted to lose weight quicker than this considering how many changes I have made. I just feel so down today.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If this is just a vent/rant - I'm sorry you're having a bad day sweety but don't let it lead to quitting - you're almost halfway to goal!!

If you want some advice/input and are up for it, open your diary so we can give you some constructive advice on your calorie goal and food choices. Overall though, losing weight quickly tends to lead to problems. Take your time, feed your body, move your body and you will see the changes you want in time.

Good luck!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Could be water retention. Could be TOM. Could be something you ate that's not agreeing with you. Could be lots of things!

Opening your diary will help others give you advice.

19 lbs is a great start!! Pro tip: don't make your goal losing weight quickly, slow and sustainable will get you to where you want to be, and KEEP you there.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    From what you said, it sounds like you made some (a lot) of changes which could cause you some distress. I'd love to offer some advice, but your food log is private.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    are you close to your period time? it gives me the same feeling, but the feeling fades in 3 or 4 days and I am back to normal.

Another thing, why are you hungry and tired? may be you review your diet plan, are you sure you are receiving adequate amount of energy intake to your body?
  • EHubbman
    EHubbman Posts: 3
    Options
    I know that feeling for SURE.

Check your diary, make sure that even though you may be under your calories, but food choices might not be the best.

For me, it was a combo of poor food choices as well as a but of getting close to period time - that makes me feel like junk and I just want to sleep it off. I also found that going for just a short bike ride helped work it off a little, and gave me more energy.

Hopefully this helps. hang in there!!
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not TOM, just opened my diary for some feedback. Just upped my calories to 1,300. I feel pretty lost at the moment with no working plan.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Go pick up something that weighs 20 pounds (pet food or litter works well) and THEN reconsider your mindset. I was feeling the same way about that time; we just want the dratted pounds to magically disappear and look svelte quickly. Not gonna happen, but our goals WILL be reached with time and intelligent decisions.

I couldn't believe how much that 20 pounds weighed....... and that I didn't have to carry it around 100% of the time any more.

Hang in there :)
  • BillRicks1
    Options
    Just took a peek at your diary. Without knowing your current weight or height, it would appear that 1. your not eating enough and 2. your not eating enough protein.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I agree with BillRicks1.

In what span of time did you lose 19 lbs? With 41 lbs left to lose per your ticker, You should be aiming for 1 lb a week lost on average (weight loss will rarely be the same week to week, some weeks may be more, some may be less. Look at an average over a period of time). If you have lost 19lbs in 4 weeks per your profile information, that is too rapid for someone with your stats. What are your MFP goals set to have you lose per week?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I am very hungry and very tired.

You are eating at too big of a deficit for your size. Going back to the beginning of June, you are logging so very little. If this is accurate, by guess is this is why you are hungry and tired. You need to eat at a sensible deficit, not starve yourself.
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I need to eat more but I am not sure how much more. I was averaging 1200 but I think I should increase this to 1,400. i am 5 ft 2 inches and currently weigh 173lbs, start weight 192lbs. It has taken me 2 months so far. My BMR is around 2000. I just can't seem to get my head around the more I eat the more I should lose.

I will stick at 1400 and make sure I eat back exercise calories. I really am determined and have only slipped up once (at a party) but strangely this is what made me drop a few pounds afterwards. Thank you for your advice.
  • BillRicks1
    Options
    At 5'2 and 173, here's what I would advise:

1. Water - you need about 85 ounces a day - more during exercise.
    2. I calculate your Resting Metabolic Rate at about 1576 so1400 kcal sounds about right for a gradual, sustained weight loss.
    3. 114 grams of lean protein per day.