Not seeing results?

Options
I've been doing this for almost 20 days now and I do not see any results (being slimmer or cut). Does it take longer to see results?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait- being slimmer or cut?

are you trying to gain weight? because this is the gaining weight section.

If you're gaining- eat more.
    If you're not losing- re-evaluate your calorie intake and make sure you are not over estimating calorie burns and underestimating food.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would also say "almost 20 days" is a very short time span. If you're training to gain muscle (making assumptions here, as you posted in the Gaining Weight thread), don't expect to see drastic changes in three weeks. It takes time and persistence. Keep on keeping on.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    do you measure and take pics? its better than weighing!
  • infamous1997
    infamous1997 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight (muscles) but I'm also trying to lose fat too.
  • infamous1997
    Options
    Yes, I take pictures every week to spot any changes
  • infamous1997
    Options
    How long would it take to see results?
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by "doing this" ??? And what are you hoping to see???
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You expect to be "cut" in 20 days? Lol.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight (muscles) but I'm also trying to lose fat too.

You can't build muscle while eating at a calorie deficit. That's why people utilize bulks and cuts.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    okay- so here's the thing.

This goal:
    I'm trying to gain weight (muscles)

requires eating a calorie surplus- above maintence

And this goal
    but I'm also trying to lose fat too.

requires eating at a calorie deficit.

meaning they are at odds with each other.

You can lose weight- which usually means muscle and fat with purely a calorie defecit.
    Or you can lose weight by eating at a deficit and lifting- which will optimize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.

This will get you strong- this will give you "muscle" tone (which is more or less a function of body fat percentage) but the combination gives you the look you're wanting.

Mostly you'll see a 1/2 pound to a pound of loss a week- depending on how over weight you are- for me- if I lose 1/2 pound a week? I'm happy.

But- that's an AVERAGE trend line- so this week I lost a pound- last week I lost nothing 1 pound /2 = 1/2 pound a week... so just be aware it may not go the way you want- quickly or linearly- it takes time- and patience and commitment to the long term goal.
  • camillecalmbach
    Options
    1-2 months to see super small changes.

But it takes half a year to a year to really notice muscle gains. Muscle takes time to grow.
  • infamous1997
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by "doing this" ??? And what are you hoping to see???
    I've been lifting on a caloric deficit and I'm hoping to become slimmer and cut.
  • infamous1997
    Options
    okay- so here's the thing.

This goal:
    I'm trying to gain weight (muscles)

requires eating a calorie surplus- above maintence

And this goal
    but I'm also trying to lose fat too.

requires eating at a calorie deficit.

meaning they are at odds with each other.

You can lose weight- which usually means muscle and fat with purely a calorie defecit.
    Or you can lose weight by eating at a deficit and lifting- which will optimize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.

This will get you strong- this will give you "muscle" tone (which is more or less a function of body fat percentage) but the combination gives you the look you're wanting.

Mostly you'll see a 1/2 pound to a pound of loss a week- depending on how over weight you are- for me- if I lose 1/2 pound a week? I'm happy.

But- that's an AVERAGE trend line- so this week I lost a pound- last week I lost nothing 1 pound /2 = 1/2 pound a week... so just be aware it may not go the way you want- quickly or linearly- it takes time- and patience and commitment to the long term goal.
    I'm not too overweight. I'm pretty close to being normal weight. I haven't lost or gained any weight last week nor this week. I'm on a caloric deficit but I also lift. (Which may be why I haven't lost or gained any weight.)