Weight-loss interventention

Options
I've used you guys various times and you've always been able to answer my questions. Right now I am trying to help my g/f. I feel like shes eatting better, working out more, but the scale is barely moving. I mean since we've actively used the scale to hold ourselves accountable , she is dropipng lbs, but just 1 or 2. To me thats a low number because I'm use to dropping drastic weight i suppose. Right now we are in the midst of doing Insanity without a HRM. So i'm just estimating that each workout is around 400 cals give or take. I've seen Shawn T say the videos can burn up t 800-1000 so i just took a p90x bare minium number. My questions are this. Right nowe are usin MFP to count cals and insanity as workouts. She really wants to drop some pounds and i'm doing my best to try to get her there. Should I take a before an after picture. Basically only we'll have a pic from now till we complete insanity and also should i measure her body everywhere for inches? She is not use to working out at all least her body isn't in years so i'm thinking shes putting on muscle and thats why the scale is moving down so much?

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One or two pounds per week is a reasonable weight loss for a female. Men lose weight more easily, hence your larger losses. Hold steady with what you're doing, it is obviously working.
  • manetta1
    manetta1 Posts: 138
    Options
    ok great. I'm pretty neurotic, i was thinking we weren't working had enough at all. Was looking for that 3-4lbs loss a week u know.