any twins on MFP ?

Options
casscass78
casscass78 Posts: 25 Member
hi i'm casandra i'm a fraternal twin and have struggled with my twin always being the skinny twin and me being the "big" twin because i weigh 200lbs and she's 135 and runs everyday,anyone else have to deal with this?

Replies

• stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Me! I am a fraternal twin, but we look a lot alike (enough people assume we are identical). Growing up I always weighed 3-5 lbs heavier, then I had my son at 20 and while I lost the "baby" weight, I settled in around 10lbs more. As time passed I put on a ton of weight, enough that I was probably a good 30-40lbs heavier than her 3 years ago. I never would realize just how much I had gained until I would be at a family gathering. Having a twin, it was like a walking reminder of what I "could" look like if I had made better choices.

My situation is kind of unique. I went through some rough time and lost a bunch of weight (I also had a second child, but managed to lose that baby weight too). I currently have about 10lbs I would "like" to lose, but in all honestly I could be happy if I don't lose it. My sister however has had some health issues and has taken some medicine that has packed on the pounds in a relatively short period of time. She is now close to 40lbs heavier than me. So our situation has reversed, but it helps that I have been there and I know it is possible to lose the weight! I think it is easier to be motivation for each other since we have both been in each other's shoes.