What could I be doing wrong?

Options
KANoel
KANoel Posts: 4 Member
I just started back to MFP after being away for over a year or more. I have been logging in each day for the past 12 days now. I have a daily limit of 1300 calories but have been only eating about 1100 - 1250 each day. I have been exercising about 30 - 60 mins per day (this is new this time) 5 out of 7 days each week. I have picked Wednesdays as weigh days. Last Wednesday I lost a pound but today I gained 0.3 lb. What am I doing wrong? I am eating less, exercising more, drinking 64 oz of water each day???? help please.
I have reduced my daily limit to 1200 calories as of this morning to see if that helps.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing nothing wrong. Weight loss isn't linear. There are going to be weeks you lose a lot and weeks you don't lose at all. You have a new exercise routine this time. When you start a new exercise routine (or increase an old one) the body has a tendency to hoard extra fluid in the muscles to help cushion and repair them, which can mask any fat loss that's happening in the background. Give it some more time and you should see the scale move in the right direction.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself accurately? Meaning, the same time every Wed morning before breakfast and after going to the bathroom? That makes a difference. Also, I wouldn't be too concerned about .03 lbs of gain, your weight does fluctuate that much throughout the day.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'd keep your calories at the 1300, since you stated that you are exercising 30-60 min/5x a week, it could just be muscle gain. Could it be close to that time of the month? Don't let it get you down, some weeks you will be down a lb, the next you will be up a lb.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. You're just getting worried too soon. As the others have said, weight loss isn't linear, and your muscles are probably holding onto water. Just give it more time. Here's a couple of links that have tons of info, that might help you, as well.

• KANoel
    KANoel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have commented. Yes I do weigh myself the same time each week. Also try to be wearing the same type of clothing. I will just have to try to be patient and I will have a look at those links. Thanks again.