Out of control Appetite

Options
So I am a collegiate athlete (vball), and I lift heavy weights 3 times a week. Each workout is around 45 minutes and consists of a couple olympic lifts (Hang Cleans, Squats, Split Squats, Dead lift) plus a couple of circuits (pull ups, dumb bell row, glute ham raise, etc.). I also have open gym twice a week for 1.5 hrs. I'm 6' tall and about 170 (may have gone up with all these weights. my lowest was 153. i felt much better about myself at this weight but was running all the time - not much muscle and not helping the vertical)

I've found when I don't lift weights (I had about 10 days off), I can hit my fat loss calorie goal easily. I actually at times find it hard to meet my calorie goal. However, every time I get back to lifting I can't stop myself from eating. Almond butter is probably my biggest weakness. I'm wondering if this is something that's bad for me: I lift at 6 am every morning. i eat an apple before to get me through it. And then the second I get home, I'm starving and eat anywhere from 1500-2000 calories within like 30 minutes. like this morning i had 8 pieces of toast, some with jelly, some almond butter, honey straight, plus special k cereal and smart start, plus a tbs of peanut butter and almond butter with a spoon from the jar....I like to just eat it plain.(i make my own though - almond meal and almond milk. helps lower the calories) The rest of the day I eat pretty light: couple of yogurts, turkey wrap, veggies, brown rice. Has anyone experienced this urge to eat so much after lifting? How bad is it for me and what can I do to stop?