Curb the Cravings

Options
Hey Everyone. I have shown some great results with my fitness/nutrition journey and have SO MUCH more energy and love for life. As a child my parents were very busy with work and we often had Little Debbies, Pop, and Pizza as staples at the home. Now that I am a young adult and I know I have the power to choose and create change in my life I still struggle with some of my cravings. I know that I have ALWAYS got knocked off track hard when I have M&Ms, Little Debbies and Ice Cream.

What do you do to keep yourself on track and fight cravings?

Replies

• shawnabary
    Options
    When I get craving so something sweet, or feel like I need a dessert, I eat Light n fit greek yogurt. The vanilla is awesome and keeps me from eating ice cream or some other bad dessert I fantasize about!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS got knocked off track hard when I have M&Ms, Little Debbies and Ice Cream.

Stop buying things that lure you into eating excessive calories. Secondly log what you eat before you eat it. You can have these foods if you like but you need to keep track of the calories you're eating.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Honestly - the thing I am really finding helpful is practice. The more I "practice" at not eating those things, the easier it gets. I have a husband, a 5 year old, and a 1 year old at home. On occassion, there are going to be treats at home. My 5 year old wanted a cupcake the other day. Hubs bought a 6pk from the bakery section and they are STILL sitting on my counter almost a week later. (My 5 year old asked me to remind him tonight that he wants one for dessert.) And I have to say, there has maybe been a moment or two where I thought about whether or not I wanted one... and I haven't. There was a time when I could have eaten all 6 in a 24 hour period.

The more times I turn down things like that, the easier it gets.

Also - I have really been focusing on protein the last few days and that has really helped me... I haven't been hangry even once.
  • tammylegattjohnson1
    Options
    I don't like to log everything I eat because I usually do good it's just hard when your at an event or the rents house where these items are in front of you. I know if I have a few that's the end of me but I still give in at times thinking I am in control.