Help! Have to eat at the ballpark tonight

Options
Any suggestions on what would be best?--all the choices look grim. I can't eat before because game starts at 6:15 pm. We are taking husband's co-workers and they expect to have dinner-- not eating might be a problem.

Replies

• JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Breathe. Eat. Limit your portions. Log it. Enjoy your night. Move on. :smile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Helmet full of nachos. Seriously.

ETA BmlmPu-CQAAJlQb.jpg
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    If you are going to the Ballpark in Arlington I would recommend "THE BOOM STICK!"

NM_28Rangers7_30375096_160544.JPG
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    If you are going to the Ballpark in Arlington I would recommend "THE BOOM STICK!"

Is there a paleo version?
  • ellent124
    ellent124 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a Cards fan too!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Figure the calories of one hotdog and one 16 oz light beer. It's like 400, right? So have that for dinner. Or skip the beer and have two hotdogs for the same 400-ish.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I'm a Cards fan too!

Welp problem solved! Enjoy the nachos, and keep the helmet for ice cream sundaes! Win-win
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in to the calorie limit you have for the rest of the day. Have fun! :drinker:
  • ellent124
    Options
    I'm a Cards fan too!

Welp problem solved! Enjoy the nachos, and keep the helmet for ice cream sundaes! Win-win

Somehow, I don't think that will help my weight loss :ohwell:
  • semipossible
    semipossible Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ballpark food has changed a lot over the years, it's not just hot dogs and nachos anymore. You may find something lighter or even some barbecue.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I'm a Cards fan too!

Somehow, I don't think that will help my weight loss :ohwell:

Eat light all day and get a good quality workout in. And the stairs, oh the stairs. You'd be surprised what cool stuff you can eat. If you don't go to ballgames frequently, live it up!
  • mikewilliamsjr
    mikewilliamsjr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is some pretty solid advice in amongst these replies. Just be reasonable and limit portions, and keep a good count. If you stay within your caloric goals for the day, it won't matter if you eat a hot dog or nachos or beer or whatever. Even if you exceed by a bit for the day it won't wreck your weight loss goals to go a little bit off program. Enjoy a fun night at the game!
  • ellent124
    Options
    Thanks. Did OK with Roast turkey sandwich and salad...whew
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Is there a paleo version?

Yes. Woolly rhino steak topped with acorns, edible fungus and ants. And for dessert: honey with bee larvae still in it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OP: can you take food with you? Or do they have a rule about not taking food in from outside? Because I'd be inclined to take a packed meal and a bottle of water with me if I didn't want to blow my calories on high carb/fat food that I wasn't really going to enjoy.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    have a hot dog and put some carrots and celery in a baggie in your purse.