Help with how to stick to a low sugar diet at my dad's

Options
I stay at my dad's most Saturday nights through until Sunday.
I recently discovered I am wheat intolerant so have cut that out.
Even though I am healthy & slim I have been diagnosed with pcos, get shakey episodes similar to hypoglycemia (my Nan's diabetic and even though I'm not diabetic when she took my insulin levels with a monitor they were almost in a bad range)

My dad has sweets chocolates biscuits everything laden on the table, I cut out sugar this week after discovering there are multiple cysts on my ovaries & I'm risk at being infertile. I'm also fed up of sugar binges. I find it hard to resist as even before this I limit myself to 'bad sugar' and it's hard to avoid it.

I've tried to speak to him and he just taunts me, teasing me telling me how good it tastes, how he bought it for me, then if I eat it he laughs and goes 'see knew you'd give in'. He doesn't seem to understand I could end up sick.

He just tells me 'use some willpower' but that's easy for him to say whilst he eats it all.
He lives in a small flat and there's only two rooms and my brother stays in the other one.

Any tips for avoiding the sugar? Should I have alternate foods, downright refuse?

Edit: I'm currently going through bad sugar withdrawal including cravings.
I've cut out bad sugar & most good except low sugar fruit & naturally occurring sugars in full fat dairy carbs like sweet potato butternut squash brown rice vegetables, eating 4 teaspoons and under a day, up to 6 if I feel I need it to not crack.

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just don't visit him anymore. That's what I'd do.