Reward Post...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
ok, I'd said you'd get a reward, but it's probably not gonna be much. TLDR people here's a cat gif:

raccoon_runs_on_two_legs-69326.gif

So I thought my parents had a naked baby picture me on facebook, and if it was "clean(ish)" I was gonna post it and say "haha, you all saw me naked".

But in searching for that pic, I went through some of my dad's stuff, and in it was a lot of pics of our family and friends who recently passed away. Probably the hardest for me to look at was a picture of me at 8 yo with my uncle who passed away in 2000.

Sure I knew how much my dad did with him when they were younger and I saw him at most at holidays and some special occasions, but we didn't really do a LOT together per se. However, my uncle was a very engaging man who made everyone feel special and touched a lot of people. He was also my dad's best friend.

Being my dad's best friend was what really made the loss tough for me looking back and thinking about everything. My dad's other best friend (and another of my uncles) at the time passed away about 6 months before I was born of an even more tragic accident (and point in life). My parents gave me his middle name, and for someone I never got to meet, I feel connected to him through my dad, and what he meant to my dad (and obviously the rest of my family).

Knowing the type people they were and how little time we really get to spend with others, it really makes me cognizant of how our seemingly small interactions with people can have a huge impact on their lives. So go out of your way to make someone feel special, to "give of yourself" to people, because even though you may not be here to see that you made that difference, you may have to somebody else.

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Actually genuinely not giving my co worker the "burn in hell you photo copier stealer trollop" look because of this post. Might even say hi.

*Edited to add that I got a little misty eyed at this. Reminds me of my abuelo. Miss him so much.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You made me tear up...

635282240591289427crying-gif-2.gif
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are fortunate to have had someone like that in your life. Someone you miss.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This post shall go down in history as HOPEFULLY, the one time Noob didn't "troll."

Not one ounce of sarcasm in there.

crying.gif?w=500&h=281
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're totally destroying your rep here.

Okay, seriously, sorry man. I feel the same way about my grandfather. I wish I spent much more time with him before he died.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This reward will grant my co-workers one more day to live. Thank you.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Awwww... I take back my "I hate you" gif.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I sowy, I bring all my toys back in :flowerforyou:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    You inspired my last status.

I hate it when you "zag".
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in on the first thread, but this is really sweet. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Not the reward I was expecting, but beautiful none the less. Thank you for that. Spreading love and making people feel good is the best reward.

I was sad to read your story, but so happy that you are able to see the good and beauty through the hurt. This is for you :heart: :heart:

virtual_hug.gif

Edited because I forgot how to grammar.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    You didn't say the reward would be all these feelz :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mo035lFXdk1spx9gdo1_400.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    My background in nursing is ER.. If there's one thing I've learned from my career it's that life is entirely too short.

Glee_group_hug_gif.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Dammit, man...

...if I wanted to cry, I'd watch one of those videos people are constantly posting on facebook...like the poor kid who grows up to be the doctor for the old man who gives him some soup when he's caught stealing...or some Calvin and Hobbes story with Calvin on his deathbed.

:angry:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    *winner*
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options