I did WHAT? Now I KNOW I'm crazy!!

Options
I am pretty much at my goal weight. Give or take a few pounds. I never thought about what kind of an "eater" I was until recently. It has really been a rough couple of months for me, emotionally. And I realized, although I am healthy, and much smaller than I used to be, that I am still a binge eater...when I am EMOTIONAL. So I guess I'm an emotional binge eater.

Anyway. Long story short. This week? Crazy and wild. My husband works second shift which makes for a lot of hectic schedules for this mama. I am home with the 3 kids at night while they are yelling and screaming. While the baby is tugging at my ankles yelling "ma ma ma ma ma!!!!!!" While my daughters are giggling obnoxiously while doing something they probably shouldn't be doing. (Ok, I guess this is a long story not made short.)

ANYway. I was stressed today. In dire need of chocolate. While at Walgreens picking up a few things I grabbed my favorite candy in the world. Reeses cups. And not just ANY old reeses peanut butter cups. Reeses CHRISTMAS tree cups. Mmmmm. Ate a few, within my calorie limit. Came home, set the bag on the counter. Fast forward through a wild and crazy evening of wild and crazy kids. I am at my calorie limit, only can afford about 50 some more. I pick up the bag of Reeses, pull one out to eat, look at it, and THROW IT AWAY!!! Then I threw the REST of the bag away!!!!!!!!!! My jaw literally DROPPED as I practically involuntarily threw those poor, delicious, mouthwatering chocolates in the TRASH!!! :noway: :noway: I couldn't even stop myself.

Then, I went to the cabinet, pulled out a box of sugar-free jello. (5 cals per serving!) Made it the "quickset" way so I could eat it in 30 minutes. And meanwhile, I did dishes and laundry to keep my mind of needing something sweet.

I am SO proud of myself. Still in shock, and I'm sure those poor, scrumptious, delicious trees are too.......... :laugh:

Replies

• Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! You have some serious will-power! Congratulations! :happy:
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    That's awesome. I tend to just give away any candy I buy.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow way toooo goo!!! give yourself a pat on the back for that one! I too, can sympathize with you. My husband works odd hours which require me home alone all the time with 3 children, okay during the day just two, but after school is out until bed time( as i am sure you can understand) is one argument, or hissy fit short of a nervous breakdown! For me after holloween, I took the chocolate candy they recieved ( basically the only stuff I knew tempted me and that I would engorge in, I put it in a bag and put it downstairs in the play room, this way it was outta sight mostly out of mind!!) I knew that if I had to go all the way downstairs and back up just to get SOME candy, I wouldn't do it at ALL!! soo kudos too you!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    No joke, that is some serious will power! You are awesome (and don't you go dumpster diving later tonight, you hear?) and I so admire your ability to throw the candy away and satisfy yourself in a much healthier fashion! Kudos to you! You rock!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is some will-power!! :flowerforyou:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Now THAT'S how you find success! :)

KUDOS to you!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Now that's impressive! I am a sucker for peanut butter cups, luckily so are my kids or I may have eaten all of them out of their trick-or-treat bags :laugh:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!!! Some days, I wish I could eat like my son is, in my profile picture. LOL!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    WooHoo!! That's great =}
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    No joke, that is some serious will power! You are awesome (and don't you go dumpster diving later tonight, you hear?) and I so admire your ability to throw the candy away and satisfy yourself in a much healthier fashion! Kudos to you! You rock!

LOL!! And thank you!!!
  • SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    Options
    good for you. That is sooo not easy. I'm proud of you!

:flowerforyou:

sj
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! Good Job!! :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! :)

I tend to yell at myself.. "NO, ERIN!!" Sometimes sound overpowers the mind.

Unfortunately, the other people in my building think I'm nuts.
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great job!! It is so easy to get that momentary satisfaction, but you have worked so hard for your long-term goals! It is hard to keep that in sight when faced with chocolaty treats lol.

I <3 your profile picture!!! so cute and totally what I want to do with cake..lol
  • numberscolors
    Options
    way to go!