What have you "given up" to help meet your daily calorie goa

Options
I've stopped adding cheese to my sandwiches (most of the time). In all honesty, I can't really taste the cheese on a sandwich anyway - I don't even notice that it's not there when I'm eating it. And cheese is very high in calories compared to what I'm getting out of it (not very filling) and I've learned that I'd rather spend the calories on other things.

So what little changes have you made that help you meet your calorie goals?

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    Beer.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning because I don't want to drink my calories, even if it's only 100 in milk.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I have tried to avoid white flour and white sugar in general, which when you think about it affects a lot of choices.
  • kacyc1117
    Options
    I've limited my soft drinks. one a day if i'm lucky.. and i log throughout the day, that way if i have a little room to cheat, its okay. :)
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    salt, I use Mrs. Dash, and onion and garlic powder now when I cook!
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper and white bread
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    salt, I use Mrs. Dash, and onion and garlic powder now when I cook!
  • levi41
    Options
    Hi,
    New around here. If I had to say I gave up anything its food that I can't know how many calories it has in it. I guess that means I eat out alot less.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Big, doughy bagels!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Beer, wine, margaritas....all the things that make life with a 13 year old daughter easier, lol! And I'm like Levi41 - If I don't know how many calories are in it, I probably won't eat it. Fear of the unknown!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating starchy foods. They are my downfall.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter, and I've slowed down on Yougurt and bread. Oh Bologna. No Bologna at all. I still have a beer at night if...........it fits into my daily allowance by a huge margin.
  • kblake0319
    Options
    Starbucks....:(
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    New around here. If I had to say I gave up anything its food that I can't know how many calories it has in it. I guess that means I eat out alot less.

Me 2. I think before I eat... If I don't know how many calories are in it... I don't eat it. I feel like I don't really have to "give up" stuff I used to eat as much as plan them into my day.

That being said.. I don't eat bagels anymore because they are waaaaay not worth the calories.
  • lenaxox
    Options
    starbucs every day...now only like a few times a week. not only has it helped my waist line but my pocket book too! ha ha
  • blthornton5
    Options
    I don't eat like I use to.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bread, cheese, milk. Probably good for you in moderation, but they were pretty easy for me to drop.
  • amberchristi
    Options
    I've cut my portions all around, but the one major change has been coffee and soda - I think it's made a HUGE difference.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    soda
  • CarolynInSC
    CarolynInSC Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Coke, bread, salad dressing that are not fat free, ice cream, cookies...well most desserts, potato chips...oh my goodness. I can't believe I used to eat all that at one time! I allow myself a little nibble every now and then (truth reflected in food journal). However, don't eat them every day.