I need recipes!

Options
lobbylobster
lobbylobster Posts: 33 Member
I'm currently struggling a little with finding recipes and was hoping some of you may be able to help.

I'm on what has to be one of the most restrictive diets I've ever come across - I have health problems, and am seeing two different doctors, both of whom have told me I need to follow a certain diet. Firstly, I'm currently on an exclusion diet to see if certain foods are triggering symptoms. This means no gluten, no nightshade vegetables, no soy, no dairy, no (added) sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no eggs. As well as this, I have just been told I also need to remove foods high in oxalate - and this is where I'm really stuck! This removes nuts, kale, spinach, amaranth, leeks, kumara/sweet potato, squash and parsley (there are heaps more, but I don't eat them terribly often). I've also been vegetarian for over a decade, so that adds another complicating factor.

To summarize, I'm looking for recipes that are vegetarian, clean eating/elimination diet friendly, and low oxalate.

Replies

• pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    :noway: I think that is all too much for this sight. You should seek out a good nutritionist. Good luck.
  • nicolet0608
    Options
    I don't have specific recipes for you but this website (below) might be a good place for you to start looking. This blogger completed a 3 week sugar free vegan challenge, and she also has a huge database of delicious recipes. Perhaps you can look through the vegetarian recipes and make vegetable substitutions where required.

Also it sounds like rice is going to be a staple source of carbohydrates for you. I suggest you start experimenting with different fried rice recipes - you can boil the rice in various spice combinations (cinnamon, cumin, garam masala?) and stir fry vegetables to add to the rice.

http://scandifoodie.blogspot.com.au/p/recipe-index-eng.html

Good luck with it.
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have three websites for you to comb through and see if any of them might have some recipes to fill your tummy without upsetting your body:

Oh She Glows
    Oh My Veggies
    Two Peas and Their Pod.

I know restrictive diets can be a pain. I hope you find some food that is delicious and nutritious.
  • lobbylobster
    lobbylobster Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    I've only got 12 days now until some of the restrictions start coming off, but its still a real struggle to try figure out what to eat! Some of the restrictions are going to be for life, so I'm trying to adjust as well as possible. I've booked an appointment to see a nutritionist, but there were no appointments for a couple of weeks.