So discouraging. :(

Options
So today was mine and my boyfriends 2 yr anniversary,and for a gift, he got me a digital scale, and ive been using a regular scale, So im all excited to try out this new scale and show my boyfriend i lost 25 pounds, (meaning i wold weight 235) so i step on the new scale, and it says 247. I was about to cryyyyyyyyy. :sad: Oh well, this is the last time im weighing myself until the new year anyways. (I have a little challenge goin on) Hopefully i can get back down to 235.

Im getting another gym membership for my bday on the 22nd. So that should help im hoping.
Wish me luck guysssssssssssss :smile:

Replies

• Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That was thoughtful of him and shows he's supporting you, but yeah, ugh, that sucks!!! Remember the numbers are irrelevant at this point. As long as the numbers are going down, it's all good. Hang in.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Did you step on it first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and do it Naked!!!!!! Don't let a stupid scale bring you down! Take your measurements and keep a log of those! If you notice your clothes are feeling lose and your feeling good about youself then throw that scale under the bathroom sink and don't worry about what it says! Our bodies change weight every day it depends on water intake, how much did you use the bathroom that day, did you have a high sodium meal all those little things can change your weight from 2-8lbs !
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last post. But I would check the scale out at the gym in the morning at some point too, that seems like a pretty big diff. btwn two scales. But regardless if it's going down that's great! Good luck:bigsmile:
  • lnadack
    lnadack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try not to let the number of what that digital scale says discourage you. You know you lost 25 pounds on the other scale and that means you lost 25 pounds dispite what the digital scale says. Now that you can get an accurate weight, start fresh but don't forget, you lost 25 pounds. Good job and keep up the good work!! Happy Birthday!
  • paulagabay
    Options
    remember too that muscle weighs more than fat. Sometimes you can lose body fat and that means you gain muscle.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Try not to let the number of what that digital scale says discourage you. You know you lost 25 pounds on the other scale and that means you lost 25 pounds dispite what the digital scale says. Now that you can get an accurate weight, start fresh but don't forget, you lost 25 pounds. Good job and keep up the good work!! Happy Birthday!

YEAH! You are doing great! keep up the good work!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • hybrown
    Options
    Here at school we have a scale (like in an office) and it says I am like 13 lbs more than what I am. My scale shows the same as my dr. though so I stay with that one. This one at school gets moved around and is off kilter. Make sure you set it correctly, sometimes its not level too.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    yay for your bf for supporting your weight loss. :heart:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    the same thing happened to me. A new scale and a new 5 pds to lose again.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the digital scales. I used to have one as well and everytime I stepped on it, it would give me a different weight. Also I remember at one point I assumed the batteries were getting low because I would step on the digital scale and it would give me one number...and then I would step on it again and it would give me another number 20 pounds higher (or sometimes 60 pounds higher...lol). So I changed the batteries in it...and it was still faulty. I finally just went out and bought a regular old fashioned scale...and it has worked great ever since. Don't trust the digital scales...they are sketchy! I'm sure it was innacurate... Don't worry...you're doing awesome!!!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few people furious because their digital scale said they're heavier than their old analogue. I recently bought myself one and it happened to me too. SO UPSETTING :explode: /:sad:
    I just went to the "check in" tab and changed all my old weigh-ins so that they were the 3lbs higher that my new scales gave me. That way my graph still goes down nicely and I can see I've still lost the same amount :smile:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check in the morning. Not when you have food and liquid in your stomach. Not all scales work the same and some read differently.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My old analog weighed 5-6 lbs heavier than my digital. My Dr's scale agreed with the digital, so I went with that. I have to say that my digital is very consistent, so I do trust it. Whatever one you use, congrats for making commitment to yourself:)

I meant analog weighed me lighter than digital.
  • Zaii
    Zaii Posts: 29
    Options
    So today was mine and my boyfriends 2 yr anniversary,and for a gift, he got me a digital scale, and ive been using a regular scale, So im all excited to try out this new scale and show my boyfriend i lost 25 pounds, (meaning i wold weight 235) so i step on the new scale, and it says 247. I was about to cryyyyyyyyy. :sad: Oh well, this is the last time im weighing myself until the new year anyways. (I have a little challenge goin on) Hopefully i can get back down to 235.

Im getting another gym membership for my bday on the 22nd. So that should help im hoping.
    Wish me luck guysssssssssssss :smile:

Sorry for feeling that way but trust me when weighing yourself you have to make sure you're standing the correct way. Reason is with digital scales the weight can be super high or low by just the way you're standing.

Don't stress it, as-long as you feel and look good you're going to be fine.