I suck at this...

Options
MrsTomy
MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
So i have technically been a member of MFP since right after christmas...so you would think I would have lost a ton by now...5lbs...thats it. :sad: I keep quitting, cheating, "forgetting"...i just SUCK AT THIS!!! :explode: You can see that in my profile picture I am quite thin...exceptthat was 4 years ago...now I am about 40lbs heavier :embarassed: and significantly less happy with myself. I keep trying to get motivated but when I realize how long it will take I get scared that I will never be able to do it...and then I cheat.

How can I make myself eat healthy and be healthy?!?! I DO WANT to be thinner and healthier and in better shape...but I keep losing steam and giving up! :blushing: How can I keep it going?!?!?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    So i have technically been a member of MFP since right after christmas...so you would think I would have lost a ton by now...5lbs...thats it. :sad: I keep quitting, cheating, "forgetting"...i just SUCK AT THIS!!! :explode: You can see that in my profile picture I am quite thin...exceptthat was 4 years ago...now I am about 40lbs heavier :embarassed: and significantly less happy with myself. I keep trying to get motivated but when I realize how long it will take I get scared that I will never be able to do it...and then I cheat.

How can I make myself eat healthy and be healthy?!?! I DO WANT to be thinner and healthier and in better shape...but I keep losing steam and giving up! :blushing: How can I keep it going?!?!?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    well, I mean, there is no pill, or magic that will force you to eat right and exercise. You just have to want to bad enough. We are all here to help, and offer support and encourage, but without you wanting it from your end, there isn't much we can do.

Personally, I just tell myself when I want something, what it really consists of, there is no reason to have to go to extremes with this, you can HAVE things that you enjoy, just try to lessen how much you have, and how often you have them, that's what I do. I still have my cheese puffs once in a while, I just now eat 1/2 as much, and don't eat them 3 times a week anymore. I haven't stopped eating ice cream, I just now scrutinize the brand I get, the amount I eat, and how often I do it.

I have learned to enjoy veggies and fruit more, and have learned ways to cook that don't involve cups of oil, but instead teaspoons....etc. It's a process, and for some that takes more ups and downs then others, but the bottom line is, you have to want it bad enough to make the changes and stick to them.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    well, I mean, there is no pill, or magic that will force you to eat right and exercise. You just have to want to bad enough. We are all here to help, and offer support and encourage, but without you wanting it from your end, there isn't much we can do.

Personally, I just tell myself when I want something, what it really consists of, there is no reason to have to go to extremes with this, you can HAVE things that you enjoy, just try to lessen how much you have, and how often you have them, that's what I do. I still have my cheese puffs once in a while, I just now eat 1/2 as much, and don't eat them 3 times a week anymore. I haven't stopped eating ice cream, I just now scrutinize the brand I get, the amount I eat, and how often I do it.

I have learned to enjoy veggies and fruit more, and have learned ways to cook that don't involve cups of oil, but instead teaspoons....etc. It's a process, and for some that takes more ups and downs then others, but the bottom line is, you have to want it bad enough to make the changes and stick to them.

I agree.

Last night my husband took me to a nice steakhouse for Mother's Day (since he was out of town on Sunday) and I had to decide whether it was really worth it or not. I ended up getting a steak (7 oz) filet mignon, but I did not get the butter on top, I got a dry baked potato and steamed veggies to go with it instead of the normal garlic mashed potatoes and whatever else that I shouldn't be having.

You can do it, we are here to support you!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey there girl!!! I know it feels like its really hard sometimes....I'm actually having that kind of week myself:ohwell: ....but I agree with what Banks says whole heartedly.:wink:

I think you know how much you want it and if you just make small consistant changes that you can live with and follow through...like switching from whole ice cream to lite frozen yogurt...or NOT buying chips because you know you can't be trusted...lol whatever works for you (those are two I've come to terms w/ myself and live by lol)

I think you can totally do it and I have about the same to lose as you...SO as your fellow Ali...and amount needed to be lost pal...I think you just need to get your game face on and do it girl...you know how...you know what to do...you just need to do it....and I know you can!!
    :drinker:
    big hugs!!!
    Ali
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    First, I have been a member since Sept., 07 and have lost only 7 lbs. You should be happy that you have LOST 5 and not GAINED 5. So for that, I say congrats!!!

If you give up now, you will be back again, but you will have more to take off. And it will be harder.

Stick with it. You know, I have lost only 7 lbs according to the scale, but I can SEE that I have lost inches and gained muscle. It's more than just numbers on the scale. And, If you cheat one day, okay, just make sure you come back the next day and try again. :smile: