Need Breakfast Ideas

Options
lukey086
lukey086 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm currently on a journey to live a healthier and more active lifestyle which includes losing around 40kgs/88lbs.

I'm just looking for ideas on what to have for breakfast... I usually have a piece of fruit, small bowl of cereal with skim milk, and sometimes I have eggs (scrambled or fried with a little bit of coconut oil).

Just curious to see what other people have or suggest? I'm finding the cereal and fruit, or eggs is becoming a bit boring...

Also, feel free to add me as a friend :)

Cheers!
Luke

Replies

• TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm a big fruit person so I never get tired of it. But sometimes I have like stir fry or boil vegetables, sometimes sweet potatoes. You could eat some nuts? Not very helpful since I'm not a breakfast person.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Breakfast ideas:

Breakfast tacos / burritos
    French toast or pancakes with berries
    Yogurt with nuts and fruit
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich with berries
    Ham and cheese/or bacon omelet with fruit on the side
    Omelet with rice and mango
    4 oz steak w/ sliced tomatoes and cucumbers
    A bowl of chili prepared a day or two before . . .
    Leftovers from the night before . .
    . . . something quick from the fridge like a hot dog . . .
  • pbbagel
    pbbagel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get bored of breakfast too. :( Usual breakfasts for me:
    overnight oats
    yogurt and fruit
    smoothies
    boiled egg and cucumber on ryvita crackers
    salad with boiled egg

You could google some omelette recipes? Mushrooms/tomato and cheese are good with omelette. Kimchi too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My breakfast menu options are:

Eggs scrambled in the microwave - add spinach. mushrooms, cheese, tomaotes, ham, chicken as available.
    Overnight oats- endless varieties of fruits and nuts combinations. Favourites are grapefruit and walnut, strawberry and almond, apple cinnamon and hazelnut.
    Greek yoghurt - add frozen berries and flaxseed
    Smoked fish - salmon or trout
    Toast - top with cottage cheese and marmite, humous and tomatoes, sliced avocado and ham, peanut butter and ginger jam.
  • Patti_Carr
    Options
    Hi I am new here so I am always looking for great ideas too. Breakfast is my main meal of the day. I usually have something like one or two hard boiled eggs, slice of whole wheat or rye toast.
    yoguart w/granola
    bowl of corn flakes or Cheerios w/almond milk (love love love almond milk)
    egg white omlet w/tomato and mozerella cheese

These are some of my ideas hope they help
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a whole grain English muffin with peanut butter and a yogurt for breakfast lately and I love it! Others that I like are oatmeal (possibilities for additions are endless, but my favorite is peanut butter), scrambled eggs and whole grain toast, spinach and feta omelet, homemade Egg McMuffins (whole grain English muffin, turkey bacon, and egg (I've seen on Pinterest that you can make eggs in a muffin pan - 1 egg per muffin spot - and bake in the oven and they end up being the perfect size for the English muffin). Hope these help!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Honestly I've found that for breakfast and lunch the simpler that I keep it the easier it is to stick with.

I have almost the exact same thing or a version of it for breakfast everyday.

2 eggs with 1/2 cup (dry) rolled oats with 2T polaner sugar blackberry presserves

or

2 eggs with 2 slices of sprouted grain toast

or if I'm trying to my breakfast lower carb I'll go with

3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My diary is open but here is a list of what I usually eat.

Fruitloops with skim milk/toast with butter/bacon
    1egg+2 egg whites scrambled (maybe with lobster or shrimp or sausage or chicken or pork (just whatever is in the fridge)) with bacon and toast or potatoes
    Fruit smootie with added protien powder
    Banana pancakes with bacon
    french toast with bacon
    Raspberry coocnut pancankes with bacon
    oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and bacon
    grilled ham and cheese sandwich with juice
    egg sandwich with bacon and cheese
    sometimes with my eggs I will add in peppers etc and roll it like a burrito add some cheese

I suggest googling breakfast foods/recipes
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake with fruit, greek yogurt, PB2, and almond milk. or Dannon Light & fit yogurt with chia, heep seeds and walnuts. Good for me last till lunch.