AdvoCare

I have a friend that keeps telling me to start using AdvoCare products. Do they work as good as they say it does or are they just trying get their commission from selling it to me?

Replies

• feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    You don't need that. Eat healthy, stay active. Save your money. Is he/she a rep?....if so, probably looking for commissions.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    I have a few friends who swear by it and they do lose weight, BUT the funny thing is that I have never used any supplements and lose the same as they do. Count calories and exercise, no need to spend tons of money.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    NO
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    are they just trying get their commission from selling it to me?
    Winner Winner chicken dinner.

Note - Chicken packs more protein than most Advocare products and it's far less expensive.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have a friend that keeps telling me to start using AdvoCare products. Do they work as good as they say it does or are they just trying get their commission from selling it to me?

Tell them that you'll start, but you won't buy it from them. If they get upset, then AdvoCare is junk.

Either way it's junk. Friends shouldn't sell junk to friends.
  • Michelle_Padgett13
    Michelle_Padgett13 Posts: 417 Member
    If AdvoCare worked, we'd all be thin. No product replaces the hard work of exercising and monitoring your food intake.

PS I used to work at a health food store, and when customers came in asking for weight loss supplements that worked, my reply was always, "Honey, if there was a pill here that worked, don't you think I would have done that?" :wink:
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    I am sure if you used their products according to their "plan" you will loose some weight, but you will also loose a lot of money. Stick with the mfp plan, and you can loose the same weight and maybe more but won't loose as much money. My wife did it for a while. It is over priced and sub-par products based upon a pyramid scheme. Their are similar products you can get in any health store that are just as good and will be way cheaper if you are desperate enough to use those products.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    My roommate has done it. She did the 10 day cleanse and lost about 12-13 pounds, but that was in addition to spending 2 hours at the gym 6 days a week.

I think Advocare works because it's something new and you're excited about it- like when someone gets an HRM or a FitBit for the first time, suddenly everything they're doing is more intense, etc.
  • darciekay
    darciekay Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you! For your inputs, I appreciate it. I think ill use that money to buy a new pair of shoes:)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Thank you! For your inputs, I appreciate it. I think ill use that money to buy a new pair of shoes:)

Good call, if you're friend is trying to sell you on that crap, they're not that good of a friend.

Rigger
  • wmass1
    wmass1 Posts: 29 Member
    You can lose weight without supplements but for some people including myself I would try hard for months not see much results, quit, gain any weight back plus some and repeat. I recently tried the 24 day challenge and lost over 20 pounds on it! I haven't felt this much energy in years! The challenge is designed to "change your oil" and kick start weight loss. You don't need to stay on all of the products after or any for that matter. I've helped several friends lose weight with the challenge and everyone has been happy with their progress. To each their own, it's a choice if you decide to try it or not.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Not only does it not work, but their pushy salesbots will spam any and everything just to make a sale.

You'd be better off with the totally free "caloric deficit" method. It works perfectly with has no pushy, repugnant salespeople.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    You can lose weight without supplements but for some people including myself I would try hard for months not see much results, quit, gain any weight back plus some and repeat. I recently tried the 24 day challenge and lost over 20 pounds on it! I haven't felt this much energy in years! The challenge is designed to "change your oil" and kick start weight loss. You don't need to stay on all of the products after or any for that matter. I've helped several friends lose weight with the challenge and everyone has been happy with their progress. To each their own, it's a choice if you decide to try it or not.

There is nothing that 'kick starts' weight loss. Unless you need to kick money out of your wallet, in which case Advocare is great.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    I"m a fan of their spark, I'm doing the 24DC now but only because I can't seem to get myself out of a funk and thought it would be a good plan to mix things up some. I have no intention of sticking with the products and am sure there is a cheaper version of SPARK on the market that works just as well but I'm lazy and a friend is a distributer who buys it for me with her discount so I take the easy way :)