IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME????

Options
2»

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Good for you for doing a bit of sensible research & finding something that works. I think a lot of people would take the quick fix, if I could take a pill that would instantly make me fit & healthy then I probably would. Unfortunatly it doesn't exist and anyone that tells you otherwise is probably just trying to make money out of you, shame more people don't realise this.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Good for you for educating yourself and doing things according to your needs and goals. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I don't buy into all the hype either, for me, it comes down to calories and carbohydrates. But it took me a while to figure that out too. I think many of these folks are just desperate and truly don't even know where to start. Either that or they're just lazy and don't want to put the time in doing the research on their own.

It really is amazing what people perceive as healthy though... I worked with a woman who thought a ham, egg and cheese croissant was a diet food (because the egg has protein and the croissant was light and flaky). Not that there is anything wrong with eating that but... really? She had no clue how many calories were in that sandwich, no clue of the fat content or any of the nutritional values at all. Uneducated choices are bad.

I also think that many of the products with the exception of the blatantly fad ones, are meant to "Assist" in weight loss efforts. Hell if you're running a calorie deficit, exercising and eating right you shouldn't need them but a few smart supplements can't hurt. But they're not magic... that's why they are called "supplements". Meant to be taken in conjunction with a healthy life-style. It's the ones that claim "Take this pill and don't change a thing about your diet". Those are the ones that are off the charts silly.
  • WitchesGuildMaster
    Options
    Also, these people who are on these forums posting about some 3 day diet or any other diet crap everyday is not helping me!!! In fact, their making me extremely frustrated!:explode: :indifferent:

I'm off for a 3mile walk to calm my nerves.:glasses: