Real talk.

Options
Where_Is_Herb
Where_Is_Herb Posts: 31 Member
In the same week, I got a promotion and started sleeping with a coworker. I am now said co-worker's boss [we were in different...uh...departments].

The stats: This promotion is effectively a trial run at what will become a much bigger gig in early 2015. So the job is important. Also, she is incredibly attractive and I am an alcoholic.

So do we keep smashing, or do I go career-oriented?

Replies

• Bradyns
    Bradyns Posts: 22
    Options
    Career.

All kinds of bad things can result from amorous activities with colleagues.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • comona
    comona Posts: 18
    Options
    Turn down for what?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I do my boss and it's working out fine.
  • shmerek
    Options
    :noway: :noway:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

It's ok been married forever lol :laugh:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

It's ok been married forever lol :laugh:

should have left it a mystery for the boys to ponder :wink:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Easy. Now that you're management, fire the co-worker. When she has nothing to do during the day, have her come in on your lunch break to take care of your needs. You're welcome. :smokin:
  • shmerek
    Options
    ^^^lol
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Easy. Now that you're management, fire the co-worker. When she has nothing to do during the day, have her come in on your lunch break to take care of your needs. You're welcome. :smokin:

And don't let her forget to bring the sammiches for lunch.
  • nusiax
    nusiax Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Now that you are the employees superior, and affair can open the company and yourself to Sexual Harassment Issue. It is best to notify HR immediately of the previous affair, and to transfer the employ out of your supervisory structure. The employee need to report someone else beside yourself.

All the other issues are personal and as long as they do not effect your job performance should remain personal.

It is good to joke about such things. But most organizations have zero tollerance to Sexual Harassment and would mean your immediate dismissal.

Good Luch
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Assuming this is a serious question and you care about your job/career, I have to agree with nusiax. Find out what the rules are at your company, talk to your superior if not HR. and clear things up asap before you have a mess on your hands.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    are you an alcoholic who is sober, or an alcoholic who is still drinking?
  • Where_Is_Herb
    Options
    are you an alcoholic who is sober, or an alcoholic who is still drinking?
    Guess.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I would choose career. Check with HR first to cover yourself, then let her know that it would no longer be appropriate and you wish her the best?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyujdwCJ271qfuf2d-e1371808316900.jpg
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Now that you are the employees superior, and affair can open the company and yourself to Sexual Harassment Issue. It is best to notify HR immediately of the previous affair, and to transfer the employ out of your supervisory structure. The employee need to report someone else beside yourself.

All the other issues are personal and as long as they do not effect your job performance should remain personal.

It is good to joke about such things. But most organizations have zero tollerance to Sexual Harassment and would mean your immediate dismissal.

Good Luch

I agree with this if your question is serious. Your now in Pondora's Box. Hope you get this settled before the box opens.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Turn down for what?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But to stay OT. First, get help for the alcohol addiction then work on your career.
  • Where_Is_Herb
    Options
    Hope you get this settled before the box opens.
    Double entendre.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just break up.