Period and stagnant weight! Help!

Options
Hello, everyone!
Just a query about that time of the month:
I'm 21, 162cm and originally 61kg. I lost 2.4kg in two weeks with a combination of eating my BMR and at least 4.5km walk (with pram) 6 days of the week.
I was due for my period four days ago, but I've been having terrible gas, which may be causing the "cramps" I'm currently having. I gained 1kg four days ago and been sitting in that, no gain or loss despite no change in diet or exercise. I've heard that you can skip a period from new exercise, diet, ect. I'm just curious on other peoples input as I've only heard people say they've _gained_ right before their period, ie a day or two, and I'm kind of worried that I'm not going to lose it as I've made great progress. Can this happen for a week before your period? I'm also not pregnant.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. Weight is going to fluctuate. It is better to look at the over all picture. Daily or even weekly weigh-ins help provide information but think of those numbers as only estimates of what is really going on. Our bodies have lots of wisdom. Trust yours.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Don't worry just stay on track with your diet and you'll see the results soon enough. Your body needs to retain more fluid at your totm.