vegetable salads. If you get a salad just be sure not to
load it up with high fat and calorie dressing. Get your
salad without cheese or bacon. Drink water with your meal
instead of carbonated, high sugar drinks. Have a grilled
chicken breast sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and mustard
instead of mayonnaise. Have a chicken taco with salsa instead
of cheese. Subway also has some great sandwiches that are low
in fat but be sure to check the calories also. Have your
sandwiches on whole grain rolls whenever possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken
better care of myself.

Leon Eldred

Replies

• dj_stevie_c
    Options
    Doner Kebabs are the devil, they are loaded with salt and other preservatives, also they are so high in fat its not even worth thinking about.

However.

Shish kebabs, the 'just meat' grilled and put in a pitta bread, one of the healthiest fast foods you can get, load it with salad (hold the sauce) and you've got yourself a filling 'late night' food that weighs in at around 450-550 cals.
    Wait that still sounds heavy? So have it without the pitta bread and you can chop off 150-200 cals.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Plain baked potato from Wendy's is a great fast food choice. Eat it plain or with chives only or take it home and add your own low calorie spread! Delicious!
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Congrats, the food you eat doesn't really matter when it comes to weight loss.
    Studies show that eating just about anything as long as there is a calorie deficit will make you lose weight.
    I'll go usually with something healthy just cause I can have more of it.

But keep it up
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Studies show that eating just about anything as long as there is a calorie deficit will make you lose weight.

But keep it up

Exactly. When you choose healthy foods, you can have a quantity more akin to what you're used to. The macros do make a small difference, and help when trying to optimize your diet for specific goals, but in the end it's 99% calories in-calories out.
  • brwnsugababe
    Options

But keep it up

Exactly. When you choose healthy foods, you can have a quantity more akin to what you're used to. The macros do make a small difference, and help when trying to optimize your diet for specific goals, but in the end it's 99% calories in-calories out.

My Point Exactly!!!! I still eat basically what I have a taste for. Its not an all day thing or an everyday thing and yet i'm still dropping pounds. I read several health related articles about dieting and 4 out of 5 said if you are hungry eat what you want. Just control your intake and if you balance out your meals it can be done along with daily workout routine. For me, personally, its be working out ok so far.