Is this normal?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I took a break from lifting and working out 3 weeks ago and now I'm back into it. I lifted heavy 3 times this week and did cardio. Since Monday I am up 2lbs even though I'm in a calorie deficit. I'm pretty sure it's water weight from lifting but wanted to see what you guys think.

Is it water weight and when will it go away? Oh and my muscles are very sore today!:ohwell:

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yep.. completely normal.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Yep.. completely normal.

agree.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    yes, it makes sense. Your muscles are trying to repair themselves so therefore water weight shows up on the scale so they can make those much needed repairs. Just keep at it, give your muscles some time to repair themselves (switch up the muscle groups you are currently working on and move on to another group for a few days) and drink water and eat some protein. it will even out
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I took a break from lifting and working out 3 weeks ago and now I'm back into it. I lifted heavy 3 times this week and did cardio. Since Monday I am up 2lbs even though I'm in a calorie deficit. I'm pretty sure it's water weight from lifting but wanted to see what you guys think.

Is it water weight and when will it go away? Oh and my muscles are very sore today!:ohwell:

Very normal.

For the bolded part, drink plenty of fluids and engage in some movement (even if just going for a stroll).
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    2lbs is no big deal. I constantly fluctuate 2lbs. That's why I have stopped weighing myself on a regular basis. It was making me crazy.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Going to take the kiddos swimming today so hopefully my muscles will like that. lol!
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yep, it is all good. Enjoy the swim!!