Does anyone know ...

Options
Hi guys. I do not have a heart rate monitor and I can not afford to buy one right now. I was wondering if there was a website out that anyone knew of that you can type in your heart rate and for how long to see if it willgive an accurate number of calories burned.

I do the arc trainer(almost the same thing as an elipticle) for 35 minutes. I enter in my weight and it says I burn over 400 calories which i dont think is accurate. My heart rate is at least 130 the whole time...

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Not sure on a web page for that but go by your RPE
    WHAT IS RATE OF PRECEIVED EXCERITION (RPE)

RPE is used to gauge your intensity in cardio work outs. Here’s what the numbers mean.

RPE1-2: Very easy; you can talk with no effort

RPE 3: Easy; you can talk with almost no effort

RPE 4: Moderately easy; you can talk comfortably with little effort

RPE5: Moderate; talking requires some effort

RPE 6: Moderately hard; talking requires quite a bit of effort

RPE7: Difficult; talking requires a lot of effort

RPE8: Very Difficult; talking requires maximum effort

RPE 9-10: Peak effort; No-talking Zone

Work at 75-85% of your max HR
    Max Hr is 220- your age
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is a site, but I do know on most machines, to get a more accurate count, you should input a lower weight than you actually are. I usually input that I weight 15 lbs less on the machine. I do have a HRM & that's the only way I am able to get it close on the machine. It would drive me nuts to see the machine showing a lot more than my HRM when I put my exact weight in. :explode: It will of course depend on the machine. If you are the only one using the machine, than you may not have to go so much lower than your actual weight. Hope this helps some.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I have an Android phone and there is an app in the market called Instant Heart Rate