Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Red Bull for Energy?!?!?!

Okay so listen. I am here to lose weight and maybe gain some pals on the way. But sometimes i find it hard to go to the gym after a long stressful day at work. All i want to do is go to my bed and sleep. Someone suggested that i take a pre-workout supplement to help get the energy that i need, but i passed on that offer. But I was wondering if Red Bull will offer the same pick me up? I don't mind crashing after the effects wear off because all i am going to do is go to sleep after i finish my workout (of course i will take a shower after my workout) and by the way the people that don't take a shower after they workout is just NASTY!!! Can anyone recommend something natural for a pick me up.
Thanks!
~Chika

Replies

• Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Espresso
  • 'Youngevity' have a natural energy drink callen 'Pollen Burst' It's awesome. 100% Stay away from RedBull. Look into Youngevity & Let me know if your interested.
    You can look at all their products at libby.sutton.buyygy.com
    Also loads of info online, have a look on YouTube.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I eat an apple on the way to the gym...also B vitamins
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Negative
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    You could drink Red Bull, you could eaven drink coffee - I've heard from several people who do that to give them a little extra energy for their workouts. But if you want to go a more natural way... 1) make sure you're drinking plenty of water during the day - dehydration can be a real energy zapper. 2) go for a natural boost with a good combo of protein and carbs. I like having a banana and some greek yogurt in the afternoon to get me through to dinner time.
  • I'm not a fan of the Red Bull style of energy drinks because of the high sugar content (roughly the same as a soda). I find the 0 sugar, 0 calorie energy shots to be better. They are all basically just niacin, taurine caffeine, B6 and B12. Good for a boost and not much of a crash. Still may mess with your sleep though if you take it late.
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    No advice other than I work out in the morning because I don't have extra energy to take myself t the gym after work. My commute is brutal. So I get the workout done early AM, walk on my breaks and lunch time and by 2:30pm I'm done... May you should consider mornings???
  • Tyggr56
    Tyggr56 Posts: 6 Member
    I take Green Coffee extract since it's so easy to take anytime + Raspberry Ketones for a boost that feels like a coffee but has good effects.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    i enjoy energy drinks (having a rockstar pure zero as i type this).

have you looked into pre work outs at all?

there are many stimulant-based ones that will def put some pep in your step.

you did say natural, however, so my post may be totally moot.

ETA: i just saw that a friend of yours mentioned pre wor outs. i would put a PWO > redbull. many of them have ingredients that can help with recovery too, so they actually may be more useful to you than just the zing of a redbull.
    ive taken N.O xplode, superpump3.0, and jack3d (old formula) and enjoyed all of them (not at the same time of course lol).
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    I wouldn't consider Red Bull, for me personally it gets me jittery and a headache after consuming. Maybe a small snack 45-60min before working out? I eat a handful of almonds and 1/2 an apple before working out and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 357 Member
    Thanks everyone for the input!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Redbull can be pretty pricey. If you compare the ingredients with other store brands, you can usually save over half of what redbull costs.