Liquid Diets

Options
ms_jen21
ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
Hello, I am doing a 3 day liquid diet (with small food in between- no "food" meals) before my weigh in on Monday. I was wondering what you all have done in terms of Liquid Diets so I can get some ideas.

For breakfast I am having a Protein Smoothie (1 scoop of powder mixed with 10oz of cold water)
For lunch I am thinking of 1cup chicken broth, and 1 string cheese
For a Snack I am thinking of one P3 pack
For dinner I am thinking 1cup chicken noodle soup, and maybe a string cheese here also.
Bedtime Snack will be a Greek YoGurt.

Would love to hear yours and your ideas to better mine!!! :)

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I know you're looking for liquid diet advice...I don't have any and I am going to be honest, I don't believe in them...

These may help though...everything I've learned in 2 years.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Excuses??? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/02/the-no-excuses-play-like-a-champion-challenge/

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No experience at all with liquid diets. I don't believe in them. Not sure what your goal is with doing one. Do you want to trick the scale or yourself? Or, do you really want to start making reasonable lifestyle changes that will result in long term weight loss and overall health?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am doing a 3 day liquid diet (with small food in between- no "food" meals) before my weigh in on Monday. I was wondering what you all have done in terms of Liquid Diets so I can get some ideas.

For breakfast I am having a Protein Smoothie (1 scoop of powder mixed with 10oz of cold water)
    For dinner I am thinking 1cup chicken noodle soup, and maybe a string cheese here also.

Dieting.......you are doing it wrong.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd add some some fruits or veggies in there. Some blueberries and spinach to your smoothie. Lots of chopped veggies to the soup.

Is the point of the diet to get a good weigh in on Monday? Then what?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am doing a 3 day liquid diet .....

Beer. That's the best liquid diet although some are really fond of wine.

You do realize that everything you eat gets turned into liquid in your stomach. It doesn't make a difference if you blend your food before you eat it unless you have an aversion to chewing. It won't help you lose weight any faster.
  • bcattoes
    Options

You do realize that everything you eat gets turned into liquid in your stomach. It doesn't make a difference if you blend your food before you eat it unless you have an aversion to chewing. It won't help you lose weight any faster.

?? "everything you eat gets turned into liquid in your stomach" :huh:

Where do stools come from?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    No experience at all with liquid diets.

if OP does what she's describing, she wont either. lol

OP just eat food at a healthy deficit.
    what do you expect to happen after 3 days?
    what happens after the 3 days?

this doesn "jumpstart" or "kickstart" anything.
    i dont understand why you'd want to do this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Almost anything would be better. Eat food, enough, but not too much.
  • _Waffle_
    Options

Seriously? Bro, do you even science? The main function of your large intestines is to pull water out of your waste. You'll know if this isn't working correctly. Ever hear of diarrhea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_intestine

Go through the entire digestive system. It starts with saliva and then your stomach gets all sorts of good stuff like acid and bile pumped into it to liquify everything you eat. You don't think that piece of cake gets to your legs in solid form do you?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

That sounds Grim

My idea to better yours is to eat some solid food. Follow the links given above which give a great run down how you can still eat and lose weight without resorting to things like this

Good luck
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Everything does get turned into liquid in your stomach, it's called chyme. That then passes into the duodenum and the small intestine which then adds bile to it to help you absorb nutrients through the rest of your intestines. The large intestine's main function is to remove water from the undigested matter and form solid waste that can be excreted.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

This is a bad idea. Just eat at a reasonable defecit, meet your macros, and don't deprive yourself. Also move around some, and pick up heavy stuff. That's all you have to do.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

philosoraptor1.png
    Uranus???
    \m/
  • bcattoes
    Options

Seriously? Bro, do you even science? The main function of your large intestines is to pull water out of your waste. You'll know if this isn't working correctly. Ever hear of diarrhea?

Go through the entire digestive system. It starts with saliva and then your stomach gets all sorts of good stuff like acid and bile pumped into it to liquify everything you eat. You don't think that piece of cake gets to your legs in solid form do you?

No, I don't think that nor did I suggest anything even close to that. But I do know that everything that leaves the stomach is not liquid.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Everything does get turned into liquid in your stomach, it's called chyme. That then passes into the duodenum and the small intestine which then adds bile to it to help you absorb nutrients through the rest of your intestines. The large intestine's main function is to remove water from the undigested matter and form solid waste that can be excreted.

I won't highjack the thread further, but having experience with a stoma, I know that more than liquid leaves the stomach.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the OP's weigh-in is for her RNY pre-op ... so trying to fake the funk to make it look like she's following the plan better than she is by crash dieting in the weekend prior to seeing the doc. A foolish plan.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I wouldn't advise it. You'll be miserable; and have an insane headache from being hungry. As others have suggested, read those links for some solid direction/advice. But the best and sustainable route is to eat a little bit less and move a bit more, no point in making yourself miserable. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Clicked on the thread looking for other Wineos! Thats my kinda liquid diet!
  • _Waffle_
    Options

No, I don't think that nor did I suggest anything even close to that. But I do know that everything that leaves the stomach is not liquid.

True, there is corn. Still there's no benefit to a liquid diet. It doesn't do anything to help you lose weight. Just look at infants. They're on a pure liquid diet for months and they get bigger and bigger with ease.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My idea would be to eat solid food,