The purpose of having your diary locked with a key?

Options
13»

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading diaries when I realized so many people dress them up for their friends. Either that or in the history of MFP, no one has ever had more than a glass of wine with dinner.

Hmm, mine's public, and not ONE comment the night I drank my dinner (umm, 1/4 bottle of Jack--I regret NOTHING!). Not ONE stinkin' joke, or message of concern or links to the nearest AA meeting. I'm forever alone. :laugh:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Mine is linked with AchieveMint and it requested that my diary be locked with a key. I can't remember what the key is though, :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Because if you set it to "public" then anyone on the internet who has the link can see it. Some people do not want the whole world to see it, but do want their doctor/nutritionist/trainer to be able to access it. So they give their health professional the link and the key and everyone is happy. I think it's a great feature for those who need it.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Because I feel like it and also I eat a lot of taco bell.

I bet you're the kind of person who judges food choices too.

We may be soul mates.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    When people get butthurt because they were excluded from [insert thread topic they had to create in the form of a condescending question]...

butthurt-o.gif
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think the real question here is why you care so much? Maybe you should go write in your diary about it.

Look at you getting overly defensive. I asked because i was curious about the function and the purpose it served.
    It was a general question. So goodbye.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    Mind your own business.

Agreed!

Im asking a general question. I did not know the purpose of the locked diary function. So therefore you both can mind your own business and exit my thread :drinker:
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    So you can share it with a few rather than none, some, or all?

a few? You shouldnt add people you wouldnt want to see your diary or just set it to private.

It's not really your call what people should or shouldn't do, is it? Some might be aware their diary could triggers others and may share with a certain few, or may share with a certain few because those people are more equipped to help them.

It's not like you have a public diary. Who the hell are you?

I didnt say it was my call, people can do what they want. I was just trying to see how exactly do people use the locked diary function and what purpose does it serve.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    I put a lock on mine (not sure if it still has one) because I was trying to get my husband to use this site so he can copy whatever I entered when needed. He is the only one with the password.

Thank you for actually answering the question.
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    When I first started MFP a lonnnnnng time ago, I was part of a work version of the biggest loser. One of the contests was to log everything for a week. For those who didn't want EVERYONE in the group to see their food intake (hello - coworkers), they were advised to lock the diary and provide only the moderator with the key.

Privacy, and still able to participate.

Thank you for actually answering the question :flowerforyou: