Weight Training Links?

Options
Hello all -

After doing strictly cardio for about 6 weeks (with a lot of success) I started lifting a couple weeks ago using a beginners guide but have found myself sort of just throwing weight around until failure. I'm looking for a plan to add lifting to my deficit so I don't completely lose all my musculars. I really love running, which is where I get most of my cardio, so I don't want to tear up my legs too much. Any good links out there I should check out?

Replies

• Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5:
    There is a group here on MFP. The first post has links to all the helpful information about the program.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5542-stronglifts-5x5

New Rules of Lifting
    Sorry don't have any links for this one. It is a book and I'm not sure if you can find the information for free on the internet or not.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Go to the groups, click on the search button and type "weight lifting" all kinds of different groups in there.
    I currently do NROL4W, which is awesome, so I would recommend any of those books or find the group and start there.
    Good luck on your lifting journey!
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else do the 5x5's? I like my cardio :( Has anyone tried the program with still doing lots of cardio?
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I do 5x5 but minimal cardio... I'm a converted former long-distance runner lol.

Try posting about cardio and 5x5 in the 5x5 group, you will get a lot of information there. There might also already be a few threads started with that same question. Good luck!