Seeking some diary/diet advice!

Options
HI all

So i've done my introduction thread and already got some great motivating friends on here, you are all so kind and welcoming! Now its time to seek a little help and advice, I am naturally a bit of a worry wort so please forgive me if I am over complicating it!

About me:
Female, 28, 5ft 9 and weigh 14 stone, I have lost 3lbs since starting exercise and changing my diet last week (I messed up my initial weight in my diary by 1lb so that's why it says 2lb lost). Its all new to me so i'm trying to pick it all up fast but i've made some mistakes - still learning!

For exercise, I am walking my dog twice a day for a mile each time and also have started the couch to 5k running programme. Food wise, I started my diary last week but only found the bar-code reader on Mon/Tues and that has really helped, I am using food scales to weigh everything and logging everything that goes into my mouth! I know when you look at it, I am under eating but I am a little scared i'm doing it wrong or eating the wrong things and the carbs/protein/fat amounts really confuse me as i've read so much conflicting advice!

I love eating (don't we all otherwise we wouldn't be here!) so i'm not starving myself on purpose, I guess its just lack of recipes and understanding of what is classed as 'good' carbs, proteins, fats compared to 'bad' ones.

Would anyone be kind enough to have a look at my diary, (last Thurs/Sat I hadnt changed anything and just logged what I ate and Sundays I go to my parents for dinner and my mum is a damn feeder so hence the mammoth calories but she promised she would be better from now on.) and let me know if i'm on the right path and what I could improve on (I know I need to eat back my exercise calories - working on that). I would be really grateful if someone had a spare minute if they could let me know if I am doing okay and also if anyone had any links on understanding MFP and 'good' foods, I would be forever grateful!

Thanks for reading and good luck to all! x

Replies

• Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I sent you a private message with some thoughts and links. And I'm bumping this as well.

Good luck, friend!