Mastication

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
What is the aversion that so many people have to chewing food today? Drinking your food won't make you lose weight. If that changes someone let me know and I'll stick to a beer/wine/bourbon diet plan.

You've got teeth for a reason. Use them. That's what's natural and healthy.

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I masticate more frequently than I should.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    chronic masticator here.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't chew enough. Usually I'm just trying to get the food in me. Surprised I don't poop out chunks of steak.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I masticate at work a lot. Unfortunately, I sit at a desk, which is a reason I'm here.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories mastication burns. And should I log it?
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    You're all dirty, dirty people!!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories mastication burns. And should I log it?

I meticulously log my mastication.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    people who like to hear themselves drool......mental masticators \m/
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    They're just trying to increase the rate of micturition, gahhhhhd.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    No! Shakes!! Shakes make it healthier!

See I watched a documentary, and that documentary told me about how awful the food we buy is because... I don't know, something. I think they found a way to make crops more resistant to disease or something, so that must be bad.

The documentary told me to buy a shiny and expensive blender. So now I put the food in the blender, and the blender makes it healthier! See how that works? I'm smart. I did my own research. Other people should do the same. Just make sure when you do your own research to click the first sponsored links that pop up. Not the others.

To recap - food is bad because of science, blenders make food healthier because documentary.

The editing was so good, and the soundtrack was so chill. That means it's legit, right?
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

See I watched a documentary, and that documentary told me about how awful the food we buy is because... I don't know, something. I think they found a way to make crops more resistant to disease or something, so that must be bad.

The documentary told me to buy a shiny and expensive blender. So now I put the food in the blender, and the blender makes it healthier! See how that works? I'm smart. I did my own research. Other people should do the same. Just make sure when you do your own research to click the first sponsored links that pop up. Not the others.

To recap - food is bad because of science, blenders make food healthier because documentary.

Hmmm... You're wearing a Captain America costume. This must be totally legit!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Congratulations. You win tehinterwebz for today.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I too prefer manual mastication. The electronics that do all of the mastication for me are nice on occasion though.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    blah
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Captain-America-Salute-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mastication is nice, but liquids can help with it, too.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    VUmou.gif
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    But, but...

49533190.jpg
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options