Food Diary - Warning

Options
pmkelly409
pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
I have been finding quite a few mistakes on foods in the diary. Be careful when you are selecting a food already entered.

Today I just found that one of the (many) cherry tomato entries has it as having 5 grams of fat!!

How come nobody confirms nutritional information entered by another member?

Replies

• pmkelly409
    Options
    I have been finding quite a few mistakes on foods in the diary. Be careful when you are selecting a food already entered.

Today I just found that one of the (many) cherry tomato entries has it as having 5 grams of fat!!

• sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    There are often mistakes in some numbers, if it seems a bit off to you, just double check. :smile: I think it's just way to tedious and extremely time consuming to have to go through and check every little number for every food, especially since so many foods are added everyday.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You have a choice to edit the numbers entered by another member.
    Mistakes happen!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I double check all the foods becasue it is so easy to put in the wrong numbers.... If I find and error, i just edit it so it becomes right next time a user uses it.. Thanks for the warning.. .I thought it was just me.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I double check all the foods becasue it is so easy to put in the wrong numbers.... If I find and error, i just edit it so it becomes right next time a user uses it.. Thanks for the warning.. .I thought it was just me.
    Oh, I was unaware that you could do that, thanks!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    just dont edit any new zealand foods i wont be happy lol i find i have to enter alot of mine that you guys have there but my amounts are less calories some by heaps. i use some on here if they are more by a few calories but as a rule mcdonalds kfc and even subway i have to re enter nz ones so i apolygise to everyone out there if you come accross ones with (nz) in them they are mine for all over here to use thanks.

but id say so many are added its hard for one person to check each one take to much time.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    im glad you pointed this out! i have cherry tomatos on my diary so much, and i think i may have been chosing the same ones as you....and not noticing the fat content!

for the NZ foods, if you are worried about other editing your food, maybe you can put a disclaimer in the title of the food?
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    Little mistakes can happen - just give yourself a little leadway.
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    I have a question - how do you get your success marker to show up in your posts?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

there is currently only one guy who runs the site, mike, who made the site. He has to do alot of stuff manually, so for now its just kinda like the honor system, as he does it non profit probably
  • pmkelly409
    Options

there is currently only one guy who runs the site, mike, who made the site. He has to do alot of stuff manually, so for now its just kinda like the honor system, as he does it non profit probably

No, sorry, Ms. Sparkles, you misunderstood my question.

when you view the nutritional information for a food item, it asks you to confirm that the information entered is accurate. I haven't seen one that anyone has confirmed yet and was just wondering why? if you haven't done so, try it, and you will see what I am talking about...

I am going to start confirming - being a leader not a follower!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    oooooh ok! im about to check that out! thanks!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    oooooh ok! im about to check that out! thanks!

let me know what you think/find/discover. I would be apt to log the food that others have confirmed to get away from the incorrect ones!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a question - how do you get your success marker to show up in your posts?

I don't know either. I did it, but it is not in there now. Can anyone help us with this?
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I don't know either. I did it, but it is not in there now. Can anyone help us with this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13759-new-features-weight-loss-tickers-and-forum-signatures?hl=ticker&page=4#posts-107663
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Also, don't forget to copy and paste the BB code to your siggy line. I forgot that step and it drove me a little nuts for awhile!!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options

for the NZ foods, if you are worried about other editing your food, maybe you can put a disclaimer in the title of the food?

im hopping by putting NZ in the title people will get the idea. i dont want to make the titles too long