Tips/advice on losing weight

Options
I'm 19 and 5'7. Last I checked I weighed 153 pounds. I run and workout 6 times a week. So altogether I burn around 1300 or more calories. I eat around normally 1600 to 1700 calories, typically. My diet is very healthy and I do manage to drink plenty of water. Normally I eat a vegetarian diet and only have lean meats like chicken every two or three days a week. Not too much though since I am not a meat eater whatsoever.

But honestly I am curious what you guys think on this idea. Would it make sense if I count the calories I burn through my workouts and eat sensibly without tracking the amount of calories? Would I still lose weight?

I want to get myself down to 145 pounds.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Many people can lose weight by eating intuitively. And many more of us are very, very bad at it. The only way to know would be to try it and see what happens.

But given your history, this might be a question based asked of your doctor or health care professional.
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    Thanks:) I may give this a shot. I am becoming more aware of what is healthy for my body and what isn't so I stay clear of junk foods and look for healthier alternatives.