Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Bar Exam.

Anyone else taking it in a few weeks? So hard to stay on track when you're studying all the time and just want to eat everything out of boredom!

Replies

• He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Good luck to you! I took it several years ago. I think I was one of the few people who stress ate and gained weight. Everyone else I know was too scared to eat. Anyway, don't even worry about your diet right now. The most important thing is to fuel yourself to keep studying. These last few weeks are the most important. You'll have all of August to get back into shape. Good luck and I wish you the best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • justapaperbag
    justapaperbag Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck! Just wanted to add: I've taken two bar exams. The first time, I studied for 6-8 hours a day, stressed out, ate all over the map, and had short workouts, just because I always felt better after some exercise. I was a huge fan of walking on the treadmill and reading my flashcards or looking over my outline (for the millionth time!). The evening after the first day, I think I spent two hours just walking uphill on the treadmill at my apartment's gym, reading flashcards for rules. I worried a lot less about my diet - I tried to surround myself with healthy food, and my school, which hosted study rooms and snacks and food every day, made sure we stayed well-kept in apples and bananas.

The second bar exam, I was working full time. Most of my workouts were 20-30 minute YouTube videos because at that point, I wasn't a member at a gym and my house did not have a treadmill I could use. It was just enough energy to get my heart rate up and get a little sweaty, but I was too afraid to spend too much time on it, since I only had about 2-3 hours a day. I would do it after I got home from work and before my study session. But it was still important to me to have that little bit of time to get my body moving. I tried to eat healthy, but I was exhausted all the time, so there were a lot of cookies eaten in the name of "I deserve it."

Just do whatever you can, if you even want to. If you don't physically feel like you need to work out, I say go ahead and put it on the way, way back burner for now. As far as eating, your brain needs fuel, and you'll do a lot better with good fuel than the crap I saw a lot of people relying on!Don't put any pressure on yourself except to survive the rest of this month and pass! ("One and done" was my mantra, which ended up turning into "One and done, and then... let's do another one! And then done! And now, seriously, no more, they suck.") But don't worry about "Oh, I ate two much hummus" or whatever. Worry more about that terrible reasonable person. ;)

I wish you all the best! I do not envy you right now. Once it's over, though, it will be one of the hardest challenges you've ever faced, and you'll overcome it. And then everything else in life will be a piece of cake! (I wish that were true!)
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Make sure you're eating enough! My situation was a little bit different (I took it in February while working and pregnant but I started pretty early and probably studied about three hours a day for about five months), but I always felt snacky too. I felt like coffee, fruit, and anything with protein were the most helpful to keep myself focused and not ready to fall asleep. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about trying to lose for the next three weeks-if you can maintain, then you're ahead of a lot of people I know who have gone through the Bar studying process. Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    doing that a little later on today...

UnknownHottie09-DrinkingBeer.gif

Oh wait...you're talking about something else aren't you...

JK...in all seriousness, good luck, eat brain food...
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for the support! Means a lot during these last stressful weeks! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    doing that a little later on today...

UnknownHottie09-DrinkingBeer.gif

Oh wait...you're talking about something else aren't you...

JK...in all seriousness, good luck, eat brain food...

LOL!!!! My kind of bar exam!