a fashion NSV?!

Options
pattycakes80
pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
being larger most of my life has forced me to shop in the larger-girl stores. and let's face it, some of the clothes are straight-up ridiculous. you think you find a normal pair of jeans only to discover a winnie the pooh patch dancing across your butt. or a shirt looks adorable, but when you raise your arms, you find the tazmanian devil in your armpits. not to mention these clothes are bucko bucks. old navy plus size rocks, but they only have the online store and that is guessing game that rarely ends in my favor.

so you can appreciate i was stoked when i was able to shop at a store like macys. and i got the freaking cutest shirt, dude. so today, in the bathroom at work, the skinniest person in all of chicago stops me to tell her that she has the same exact shirt and my mind straight-up FREAKED.

wait. we have the same shirt? are you sure? because..wait. WE have the same shirt?

if this shirt didn't have such a specific design, i would have accused her of bullying. but then i remebered it was from macys. and it was ralph lauren or something hot like that. and that i could wear it because i lost more than 100 pounds and i did that because i am a boss.

i may have left out the part that i wore it to work backwards. that i commuted with throngs of chicago city-folk with my super sweet shirt backwards AS HELL. she didn't need to know that.

happy friday!

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Whoop whooooop! LOL. Super happy for you!
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Congrats. I had the same issue. Being fat did NOT make me a whimsical fan of cute cartoon characters!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME! Love this story!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is completely fantastic and hilarious all at the same time. Congrats on the very impressive weight loss, and from some one who has fashion mishaps like that WAY more often than I'd like to admit, I love your humor about it. :) If you need more friends on here, sign me up. You rock!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Man that was an AWESOME story to read!
  • shelly24100
    shelly24100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great day
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    to discover a winnie the pooh patch dancing across your butt.

lol this made me burst into a fit of laughter! Congrats!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I like how you write.

I like your "voice".

Congratulations for everything!
  • slimsexysassy
    Options
    Love this post..gave me a giggle.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your story rocks!!! Frontward or backwards. :wink:
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is brilliant, well done for being such a boss! Totally sympathise on the crap plus-size clothing issue, one of my biggest weight-loss motivators is to be able to buy clothes that I really like for a change.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Hey girl I hope you like gif's because I just couldn't get past the hilarity of your story.

Here's some celebratory Pooh gifs, I hope you like! Again congrats your story was so funny I though of it when picking jeans for going out to dinner!

jRxQB8b.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Setelan-Winnie-The-Pooh-Wink-75rb-bhn-kaos-atasan-LD-104-114cm-pjng-67cm-legging-LP-48-68cm-pjng-83cm.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I ate some french toast I did not intend to. And sourdough toast...soo just thinking of getting dressed for a restaruant right now feels like

Picture+18.png

Picture+19.png

hope to be where you are soon!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh well maybe I should just give up on the jeans for today and wear yoga pants?

tanleggings.jpg

(^i don't know why that one came up when I typed "winnie the pooh" and "butt" on google images?)

tumblr_m1ppq0cNS71qasthro1_500.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    It just keeps getting better!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4GvNELka9puLh8ee3oQZTV_-BX2AXvdowRPvUajHJl5cNIlXp
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I hated being offered jeans with rhinestones on the *kitten* in plus-size shops. True, my *kitten* is hot and deserves attention at any size, but still, ugh, why would I want to dress like a 12 year old girl? Especially when it looks as though I have eaten a 12 year old girll...

rk8ykl.jpg
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh well maybe I should just give up on the jeans for today and wear yoga pants?

tanleggings.jpg

LoL!! I fell off laughing.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd mind finding a Tasmanian devil about my person...

Tasmanian-Devil-joey.jpg

Apparently they can be quite the fashionistas themselves...

taz-detective.jpg

Also, Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!