Determined to lose weight

Options
Hello, everyone

My name is Sierra. I have struggled with my weight for years. I'm 18 at 230 pounds. I'm ready to make a change in my life and become healthier and happier. Please feel free to add me, as I would love to have supportive and motivational friends on here to help keep each other on track.

Replies

• Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hiyya Sierra. I have struggled with my weight for about 10 years. I am 184 pounds atm and its time to make a change. I would love to be friends. Lets keep eachother going :) x
  • jconroy322
    jconroy322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I can't remember when I haven't struggled with weight. I am 186 pounds and determined this time to make a true lifestyle change to become healthier. I would like to be friends with you both, not sure how to do that as I new to this.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was up to 146 three months ago and managed to get down to 142 thirteen days ago when I started my fitness pal. I'm down about 10 pounds in 2 weeks, and I have been sticking to the 1200 calories a day I'm supposed to which is supposedly going to have me lose 2 pounds per week.

I started being a vegan 13 days ago, and I'm eating whole foods and no refined sugar. The weight is falling off. I think it is all the fiber in whole foods. Most programs cancel out some calories depending on the fiber in the diet. This program treats one carb like the next. An apple isn't the same as a cookie. Old Fashioned Quaker Oats are not the same thing as Capn Crunch, but MFP doesn't differentiate any of that sort of thing.

In any case, I'm thrilled with the results.
  • alex198616
    Options
    HIIIII! I've just signed up today. I'm 28 (on the 15th :) ) 5'6" and at about 173 on a full tummy. Since buying a house with the man in my life I've gained about 23 lbs, I eat when he eats etc.. I'm looking to add some friends to help each other to stay motivated and keep on track!!!
  • rachaelgoslan
    Options
    Hi, I'm on here every day so add me if you wish :)
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I log in every day and offer alot of support and encouragement anyone can feel free to add me!
  • remieres93
    remieres93 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hello,

I've struggled being over weight for almost 10 years. My mom was really overweight at a time, and we all ate Mcdonald's and other unhealthy places a couple times a week! It's never too late to start losing. I started a month ago, ive kept with it for the most part, and already down 8 lbs. Which means ive been losing around 2lbs a week, which makes sense!

At first fluctuating scales, and not seeing much changes is frustrating, but when I look at it 2lbs a week, and 8 lbs in a month is actually healthy and a great start!

Good luck, add me if you like! Anyone can.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was up to 246 three months ago and managed to get down to 242 thirteen days ago when I started my fitness pal. I'm down about 10 pounds in 2 weeks, and I have been sticking to the 1200 calories a day I'm supposed to which is supposedly going to have me lose 2 pounds per week.

I started being a vegan 13 days ago, and I'm eating whole foods and no refined sugar. The weight is falling off. I think it is all the fiber in whole foods. Most programs cancel out some calories depending on the fiber in the diet. This program treats one carb like the next. An apple isn't the same as a cookie. Old Fashioned Quaker Oats are not the same thing as Capn Crunch, but MFP doesn't differentiate any of that sort of thing.

In any case, I'm thrilled with the results.