Wine Coolers & Liquor?

Hello, y'all!

I was just wondering something (AND YES I AM 21 as of March 12th of this year)...

I am a BIG Seagram's Escape Raspberry Lemonade drinker, I buy a box and have one with dinner or on a night where I just want to relax, normally it's two or three (on a really good night, depending on what I'm doing and how tired I am). I will admit I do four if I'm out with friends & family (my mom and her girlfriends who are all my best friends, friends, and bascially family - they are all older than me and trust me you can learn a lot from them; i think that's why I'm such a good good girl, I get on better with adults so I know what paths to take when they come up - sorry if that was confusing, anyway).

If I'm out with friends, or at home with my mom, I also tend to have a mixed drink. My favorite is done with my mom's favorite liquor, Pinnacle Whipped Vodka (so yummy!), I made it up at home to try it and I fell in love with it, "it" being Whipped Vodka and Mt. Dew. So yummy (although, I do tend to get weird looks)! If I'm having a good time, I'll have four it all depends how I feel...If I don't feel so hot and don't want another just to "nurse" the one I have, I'll tell them if they want to buy me one, buy me one but give me a chip that says "you're friend bought you a beer" and the location, <- definitely saves money when out with the girls ;)

I will tend to have a couple mixers of Washington Apples with my adoptive father when I'm out, but rarely and I rarely get another shot called a Slippery Nipple..

Anyways, that was too much information, I guess my question is, how healthy are Seagram's Escapes Wine Coolers and Pinnacle Whipped Vodka when wanting to fit it in in your diet?

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I wouldn't classify them as healthy at all, but I see nothing wrong with working some alcohol into your calories. I do it all the time (ahem, daily). That said, I try to stick with vodka and mix it with a zero or very low calorie mixer. And drink moderately. The last thing you want is to meet your daily calorie goal in booze alone.