Trainer has me lifting and now I'm GAINING WEIGHT. HELP!

Options
Hi Everyone. I recently hired a trainer to start taking off the remaining 25-30 pounds of fat and add muscle. He's very knowledgeable (or at least he seems to be) about weight loss, diet and exercise. I was finally under 210 LBS after an entire year of my weight not budging with endless amounts of exercise and proper diet. YOGA SEEMED to move things along believe it or not.

NOW, I've enlisted the help of this trainer and I have gone from 207 now back up to 213 in a matter of 2-3 weeks. My diet is not really changed. I cheat on Friday or Saturday but get right back on track after my cheat day. Now my belly and butt are getting bigger again. WHAT THE......????

I'm very tempted to scrap the idea using a trainer until the final 30lbs comes off. I'm not sure it's water. But as soon as I started weight training my body is going in the opposite direction. I've been eating more protein and a sweet potato and lettuce for carbs. No sugar or junk food. No Booze. What's going on? Anyone? Please help!

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out, it's just water retention. When you work your muscles hard, your body holds onto water to repair them. Keep going with the weight lifting - you will be very happy with the results, but like everything, be patient and consistent! :smile:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out, it's just water retention. When you work your muscles hard, your body holds onto water to repair them. Keep going with the weight lifting - you will be very happy with the results, but like everything, be patient and consistent! :smile:

This. The water weight should start to come off in 2-4 weeks.