How much water is enough

Options
I weigh 376 pounds. How much water should I be drinking each day??

Replies

• Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I worked out with a trainer he said "Drink water until your pee is clear and then drink some more."
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    enough to keep you hydrated. if your pee is pale yellow/clear, then your good. if not you need to drink more.
  • rchoate55
    rchoate55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Half your body weight in ounces. I only count what is actually zero calorie water. Not juice, not what I add to my oatmeal, not tea. Just straight water. But I do use flavor enhancers like Mio and will add that to every other bottle I drink.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Depends on you. I try to drink a liter of actual water in addition to the water I get in food and my 3 or 4 coffees in the morning. Go by feel. There's no magic number.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    For days you don't workout, half your weight in ounces. So yours would be around 188oz of water everyday. If you workout, add an 8oz for every 30 minutes you workout
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    enough to keep you hydrated. if your pee is pale yellow/clear, then your good. if not you need to drink more.

This.
  • amy2234
    amy2234 Posts: 9
    Options
    Water is a tough one. I don't think it is possible to drink 188oz. of water a day. Although, the workout to and from the bathroom is nice. :) I tried concentrating on that and was never off the toilet. So now, I drink until my urine is clear. I drink 8 oz. first thing in the morning. (when you are the most dehydrated). Then I keep water by me all day. I usually end up drinking 64-80 ounces a day. Right now I am still getting up 4-6 times a night. But, I believe it will taper off next week when most of the water weight is gone. Also, if you do any exercise drink at least 20oz. to replenish.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Someone post that pee chart. I know there is one on google somewhere. A very pale yellow is what you are looking for. If your pee is clear you are drinking too much
  • mom2_4gr8kids
    Options
    I drink about 96 ounces a day, more if I exercise. I went from only drinking Diet Coke (probably 40-80 ounces a day), to drinking 96+ ounces of water a day, and I have never felt better!
  • LYL353
    LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Someone post that pee chart. I know there is one on google somewhere. A very pale yellow is what you are looking for. If your pee is clear you are drinking too much

What happens if you drink too much? I didn't know there was a thing as "too much water."