So you have horrible genetics

Options
Any people with horrible genetics, success stories?
By horrible genetics I mean anything that prevents you from losing weight as easily as everyone else.

For me, I have HUGE boobs, I mean I don't even know my correct sizing, but as I'm sure i'll lose a little boob weight, no matter what my saggy, huge boobs will always be a disproportionate look on my body. It prevents me from working out as easy, because no matter how many times I adjust my straps, no matter how many different bra's I've tried that supposedly would work for me, they do not. Huge boobs make it hard for activities like sit ups, crunches, proper pushups, DO I NEED TO EVEN MENTION TRYING TO RUN, LOL. :laugh:

Also, I have something on the side of my left leg. When I work out, and I mean even walking faster than my normal 2.0mph speed, it turns into a hard lump that doesn't go away until I stop exercising for 5-10 minutes and relax. According to the internet it could be anything from blood clot, cysts, hernias. I don't have medical insurance so I've yet to be able to get it checked out but it prevents me from even picking up my walking speed, or running. Eventually I know I'm going to have to exercise, and really pick up a lot of cardio to continue to burn fat and get the stomach I want.

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have back problems, sciatica in my leg, plantar fasciitis in both feet, heart issues, and bad wrists. But I'll be damned if that will stop me from kicking butt. :laugh:
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Wear a sports bra when working out and definitely have that lump checked. It's odd
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the boobs thing.

YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR if you Seriously think you have a blood clot or cyst. It sucks without insurance but those things will kill you.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I believe there are free clinics you can check out. Or at least ones with lower fees. You should consider finding one in your area to check out that lump on your leg.
  • remieres93
    remieres93 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have back problems, sciatica in my leg, plantar fasciitis in both feet, heart issues, and bad wrists. But I'll be damned if that will stop me from kicking butt. :laugh:

You ma'am, are just a badass *kitten* kicker. Good to see the fire and fight. It's good motivation for the rest of us with any horrible genetics!
    Wear a sports bra when working out and definitely have that lump checked. It's odd

I wear a sports bra on top of my regular bra at all times everyday, in fact, I sleep in just a sports bra because it's uncomfortable for them to be completely bra free.
    I don't know about the boobs thing.

YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR if you Seriously think you have a blood clot or cyst. It sucks without insurance but those things will kill you.

I don't know what the hell it is because it's weird, but it's been there for YEARS. I have a cyst in my right ovary that the hospital is well aware of and they didn't take that out either. I'm waiting to get my letter or not to see if I qualify for health insurance, that way I can get it checked out before I turn 21. In my state, once you're 21, the medical insurance I'm going for does not take care of health and wellness regular doctor visits for anyone over 21!
  • Souhaits
    Souhaits Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh my.. I relate to the boobs thing sooo much. My boobs didn't change one bit after losing weight. I wear a sports bra but it helps me just a little. Gosh, I don't know my size either and it gets in the way of so many things.
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lipoedema which is a disorder of the adipose tissue basically abnormal fatty deposits in my legs and arms which means I'm seriously out of proportion. The fatty deposits don't shift with diet either so even when I was a size 8 English (size 4 US) I had enormous calves and where it stops just above my ankles it look like a shelf.

I also have a joint disorder so suffer from mini dislocations several times a day it happens to pretty much any joint but knees and toes are the current favourites. I made the decision years ago not to let it define me and to try and do as much exercise as I can rather than let it rule me like my sisters who are all over 300lbs and use the condition as an excuse.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You don't have horrible genetics! You're the product of hundreds of millions of years of evolutionary success.

The genetics that make it a little bit harder to lose weight are the same genetics that enabled your palaeolithic ancestors to survive food shortages........ without those genetics you would not even be here.

Horrible genetics = trisomy 13 or similar - not much chance of making it past the first few months of life, and if you do then you're looking at a lifetime of mental handicap and physical health problems.

Big boobs isn't horrible genetics. You can blame Ardipithecus ramidus for the fact that we have boobs at all though (going by current theories)

Also, at least you can buy bras. I have a big rib cage and small boobs and they don't make my cup size (small) with my strap size (big). I blame the neanderthals for that. But as most people seem to have Homo sapiens rib cages, they don't make bras that fit me.
  • remieres93
    Options
    Oh my.. I relate to the boobs thing sooo much. My boobs didn't change one bit after losing weight. I wear a sports bra but it helps me just a little. Gosh, I don't know my size either and it gets in the way of so many things.

If you don't mind me asking how much was your SW, and what's your CW? I just kind of want an image of potentially what I could be dealing with x)
    I have lipoedema which is a disorder of the adipose tissue basically abnormal fatty deposits in my legs and arms which means I'm seriously out of proportion. The fatty deposits don't shift with diet either so even when I was a size 8 English (size 4 US) I had enormous calves and where it stops just above my ankles it look like a shelf.

I also have a joint disorder so suffer from mini dislocations several times a day it happens to pretty much any joint but knees and toes are the current favourites. I made the decision years ago not to let it define me and to try and do as much exercise as I can rather than let it rule me like my sisters who are all over 300lbs and use the condition as an excuse.

Seriously, good for you! I'm glad you didn't let it define you. If your MFP tracker is accurate, you weigh less than I do now, and way less than I did when I started out, so it is good proof that despite all sorts of genetics, and body shapes and sizes if you don't let it affect you, and you work hard you'll rise above it :)
  • remieres93
    Options
    OK, boobs have been mentioned so much so I'm in to see where this goes.

LOL. All about the boobs!
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yea my father was an overweight diabetic and my mom was a meth addict, people look at me or watch me perform and think im just a gifted athlete....nothing could be farther from the truth, I have to fight for every second on the clock, ever lb on the bar. I became a Ranger DESPITE my genetics, up-bringing, environment or whatever other excuses people have, Ive torn muscles, ligaments, survived accidents and deployments...ITS ALL ABOUT HEART...you just have to want it bad enough
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    So your profile pic isn't really you?
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I have inherited back problems (thanks Dad!), a pot gut (thanks Mom!), over-sized boobs (thanks grandma and Ardipithecus ramidus!), knee problems from jogging a bit too much over the past two years, and a love for the sedentary things in life.

On the plus side, either due to genetics, an active childhood, or both, I can get pretty strong when I work at it.
  • remieres93
    Options

LOL. it is. Go ahead and go to my profile and take a look at my other photos, maybe you'll see it better. I know in my profile pic I am leaning weight on one leg, and I have a thumbs up that hides one boob, and an arm with a phone that hides the other. Right now im sitting at a desk at the library with a mountain laying on the desk aka my boobs, because if I scoot back theyd be resting on my stomach or lower. LOL
  • remieres93
    Options

LOL. it is. Go ahead and go to my profile and take a look at my other photos, maybe you'll see it better. I know in my profile pic I am leaning weight on one leg, and I have a thumbs up that hides one boob, and an arm with a phone that hides the other. Right now im sitting at a desk at the library with a mountain laying on the desk aka my boobs, because if I scoot back theyd be resting on my stomach or lower. LOL

ALSO, I think maybe I need to post side shots, or front face shots where you could actually understand. Because in person nearly everyone comments on the size, puts stuff on my chest for my boobs to hold (I can almost hold a can of soda without having to lean at all), and tells me theyre saggy grandma boobs
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Also, at least you can buy bras. I have a big rib cage and small boobs and they don't make my cup size (small) with my strap size (big). I blame the neanderthals for that. But as most people seem to have Homo sapiens rib cages, they don't make bras that fit me.

Me too! I've never been able to buy bras.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Size 14 flat feet, I have awful bunions. Which can start to hurt something fierce if i spend a long time ... say 3+ hours on my feet without some rest.

And you would be surprised how difficult collapsed food arches make some lifts XD
  • Souhaits
    Souhaits Posts: 12
    Options

If you don't mind me asking how much was your SW, and what's your CW? I just kind of want an image of potentially what I could be dealing with x)

My SW was 130 and my CW is 110. I was expecting just a little change but nothing happened! I think it actually got bigger..