Body Media Band sync

Options

Replies

• perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. It started just not importing the food from MFP into my Bodymedia (no biggie) but now it isn't bringing my exercise calories into MFP (HUGE deal). I have to unlink and relink accounts EVERY time to get it to read it. PITA.
  • shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia tells me the problem is with mfp. Mfp just say we will look into this. It has been two weeks now, it would be nice to get a real response from mfp. The issue us getting worse, not better.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    So mine synced twice today, loading up most of my daily calories...but it won't sync previous days, and it stopped syncing today's calories, making it incorrect.

I've asked for an exchange for a discounted Up3, but if the software for it is as flaky as the Bodymedia software, I think I'd rather have something less accurate, but more reliable and less frustrating.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's gotten worse now. I've found that unless you completely disconnect and reconnect, it won't upload to Bodymedia and Bodymedia isn't loading to MFP. What's going on?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    It's gotten worse now. I've found that unless you completely disconnect and reconnect, it won't upload to Bodymedia and Bodymedia isn't loading to MFP. What's going on?

This has been my experience off and on for the past few months, and is why Bodymedia has refunded several months of my service fee. I'm not consistently getting the service.

Please write to them. Demand that they refund at least one to three months of your service fee, and ask them to provide a discount to trade up to the Up3 since they are unable to provide satisfactory service with the Bodymedia. If enough of us complain and make this demand, they might do something about it.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue also today, so I just disconnected it from the bodymedia website and then linked it again and everything seems to be working now. Not sure if it's a glitch or what but I never noticed that my food wasn't syncing until today :/
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    NotGnarly wrote: »
    I had the same issue also today, so I just disconnected it from the bodymedia website and then linked it again and everything seems to be working now. Not sure if it's a glitch or what but I never noticed that my food wasn't syncing until today :/

I've unlinked and relinked the apps repeatedly, flashed the firmware on the actual armband unit, and deleted and redownloaded the app several times. It will work for one week, or one day, or just one sync, and then stop again. When I contact Bodymedia, they say they are aware of the issues and working on them.
  • tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues. Would really like it resolved. Currently doing calorie adjustments manually in exercise section. Just kind of annoying.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mine is acting up again but I eat the same amount of cals (2000 cals) every day no matter how much I burn.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Sent MFP an email. There are a couple threads about the syncing. Will update as soon as I hear back. :neutral_face:
  • lisakonopski
    lisakonopski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been frustrated trying to get this to work. The constant delinking & relinking & still not working. Is it working for everyone else now?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I'm using the calories burned from my heart rate monitor and entering them into MFP right now.

Here's the text from the help ticket to MFP linked to several times in this thread.

***BodyMedia not syncing 11/3/14***
    MOST RECENT UPDATES CAN BE FOUND BELOW THE ARTICLE

Hello MyFitnessPals,

We are receiving reports that members are having difficult with the sync between MyFitnessPal and Bodymedia. We are aware of the problem, and are currently investigating what could be causing this. We are working with BodyMedia to figure out what is causing the problem and hope to find a solution as soon as possible. Please check back to this link for updates.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best,

Kelly
    MyFitnessPal Staff

=====================================================================

UPDATE

November 10, 2014 - 9:02am PST: We are aware that this issue has not been resolved for our members and we are still working with BodyMedia to figure out a fix for the problem. Apologies for the continued trouble!

November 17, 2014 - 5:51pm PST: Hello everyone! Just wanted to update that we know this issue is still very live and affecting many people. At this time, we do not have a timeline on when a resolution will be in place, but we continue to work directly with BodyMedia during the course of the investigation on this issue. Thank you.

November 21, 2014 - 4:13pm: We have been in contact with BodyMedia regarding the aforementioned issue, and have received news that they believe this issue is on their end. We do not have an ETA on a fix, but will continue to be in touch with them and monitor the progress towards a fix.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    This is why I returned my Link to BodyMedia. I miss it terribly, so I hope that the Up3 coming out next month will soothe my disappointment.
  • rbs1976
    Options
    The acquisition of Bodymedia by Jawbone was a disaster for customers. Hopefully, some other company will rebuild and extend the Bodymedia technology.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    rbs1976 wrote: »
    The acquisition of Bodymedia by Jawbone was a disaster for customers. Hopefully, some other company will rebuild and extend the Bodymedia technology.

They can't. The whole point of buying Bodymedia was to claim the technology (hence the new UP 3 using bioimpedance sensors).

I was excited about the Up 3 but seeing how Jawbone has handled things with the dying out of Bodymedia, I'm probably going to get the Fitibit Charge HR that is getting released in 2015, as a replacement for my Link. Jawbone can suck it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

They can't. The whole point of buying Bodymedia was to claim the technology (hence the new UP 3 using bioimpedance sensors).

I was excited about the Up 3 but seeing how Jawbone has handled things with the dying out of Bodymedia, I'm probably going to get the Fitibit Charge HR that is getting released in 2015, as a replacement for my Link. Jawbone can suck it.

I am just wondering about the accuracy of Fitbit products compared to BMF. I might just not get an activity tracker and use my data from BMF.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

I am just wondering about the accuracy of Fitbit products compared to BMF. I might just not get an activity tracker and use my data from BMF.

Someone on my FL had both and compared them. The BMF Link seemed more accurate in reading activity due to the bioimpedance sensors, but (from my understanding) the Fitbit Charge HR and Surge will be using Purepulse sensors so the accuracy may end up being comparable to the UP 3.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Someone on my FL had both and compared them. The BMF Link seemed more accurate in reading activity due to the bioimpedance sensors, but (from my understanding) the Fitbit Charge HR and Surge will be using Purepulse sensors so the accuracy may end up being comparable to the UP 3.

This is promising news because Jawbone can def suck it as far as how they handled BMF customers.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Personally, I would either get the Up3 or explore the Microsoft Band or wait for the Fitbit Surge. The Band and Surge will have GPS. The Up3 is waterproof. I would want one or the other, if I can't have both. That leaves out the Fitbit Charge HR.