Question For The Busty Ladies.....

Options

Replies

• TudorRose2013
    TudorRose2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In mid-February I was a 38DDD (probably needed a larger bra at this point, but couldn't find them in the stores). I've lost 25lbs since then and am comfortably in a few of my older 36 DD bras and am close to going shopping for some smaller bras. I have seen a dramatic reduction in my bust and feel SO much better now. Like you, I carried alot of weight in my bust and would suffer from terrible neck, shoulder and back pain on a daily basis.

As far as exercise is concerned, I couldn't jog in the beginning (much too uncomfortable and I couldn't find a sports bra that would support me). I just walked and now I'm slowly starting to jog, though in the privacy of my own home on a treadmill until I can find a sports bra that will give me decent support.

I briefly considered a reduction, but found out that you are required to lose weight before the surgery. Having lost some weight, I no longer feel a reduction is necessary, but would love a lift!
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been a DD+ since I was 11 (imagine those in elementary school!) and at my heaviest I was a 54H/I. I had a breast reduction a few years ago (even at my heaviest) and it was THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE. I went down to a 48DDD after surgery. Big boobs run in the family and a few other family members have had one and recommended it as well. I did have some problems with healing afterwords, but they are mostly cosmetic/minor irritation now.

I've lost 100+ in the past 8 months and I've gone down from the 48DDD to a 38-40DD/DDD (depends on the style of the bra). As you can see, I've lost more in band size than cup. I second the recommendation for Enell, they have been a godsend. I buy them either secondhand or factory rejects on eBay for around $20-$30 less than they sell brand new with no problems.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Gone from a very tight 36F to a 32 F. Fortunately I still had the bras from a few years ago when I was smaller and the in between size of 34 F.
    The F of a 36 is quite a bit smaller than the F of a 32 though!
  • mrs_hiner
    mrs_hiner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", January 2014 starting weight and bra size were 150 and 34DD (spilling out, probably should've really been wearing DDD). July 2014 I'm weighing 127.5-128 (3 pounds until 25 lost goal!) and wearing a 32 DD although the cups are a little "spacious".

The husband has sadly (to him) noticed a definite difference, but he loves a good butt and thanks to squats mine is much higher and firmer :wink:
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I lost inches in my band size, but my bust size remains unchanged (went from a 36DD to a 32DD).
    The cup size changes with the band size, so the cup volume of a 36DD is quite a bit bigger than that of a 32DD. If your actual breast size had stayed the same when you went from 36 to 32, you would be in a 32G now.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For back and shoulder pain, I would recommend going to a nice shop (NOT Victoria's Secret!) and being fitted for a correctly fitting bra.

I'm 3 months postpartum and was wearing nursing bras from after my first pregnancy, which were too small. Horrible back pain. They didn't measure me at the store I went to. They looked at me in the bra I was wearing (34H) and came in with a different size (34J) and had me try it on. Instant back relief!! The support should be mainly in the band, not on your shoulders.

Also, invest in a nice sports bra. I double up if I'm doing anything high impact.

I've never lost any in the cups. I'm hoping after I stop nursing kid #2, they just shrink to perky Bs or Cs. :laugh: I haven't had those in 18 years though...
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my girls sad in their C cup :sad:
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a 36DD but I''m pretty sure I used to wear the wrong size. All I know is that they were huge and painful and it was my dream to get a reduction. I lost close to 40lbs and you can see from my pic now- they're a completely manageable 32 f (in my fav. brand, Fantasie- I wear 32DDD/E in wacoal or natori). They don't hurt and they don't make my back ache anymore :happy: Make sure you're wearing the proper size now, it really makes a difference. If I wear a crappy flimsy bra (especially if the band is a size or two too big) I still get tired and uncomfortable where the straps are over my shoulders. Go to a Nordstrom, they do it best. Then pick a bra, write down the style number and buy it online for cheaper :laugh: You're supposed to get a new bra every 10lbs up or down. I always keep a size up and a size down around (size up for the holidays- size down for the end of the semester when I'm too rushed to eat lol).

Pic of me before
    71I2H5N.png

I used to keep them rather well hidden so not sure you can tell but I used to feel like they were crushing me. I would seriously consider waiting until after you lost weight- you might find you like their size after and if you don't then you can still get it done.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    *Looooooong sigh* LAWDY! This sounds a little uhm.....sad. Lol. I mean, honestly, i probably should've known better. I think I was a DDD in 9th grade. I've been large in the chest area since elementary, but I was a bit overweight. Not much. Guess I may be facing "the knife" after all. I honestly don't know how long I can go wearing a J cup. I think I've gone up a size now, and yes, they increased A LOT after I gave birth to my daughter 7 years ago. Something I inherited for sure. My aunt had this issue. But honestly, after seeing the reduction photos and hearing about the possible side effects, I'm reluctant to go through with it. It seems so scary, and I've never had surgery! 0.0
  • PrissyPisces
    Options
    Boob problems. Smh
  • PrissyPisces
    Options
    This thread makes my girls sad in their C cup :sad:
    HAHAHAHAHA! Tell them thank you for not causing your neck, back, and shoulders so much pain. You should treat them to a nice, fancy bra. Something I have a HARD time finding. -_- *cries*
  • SamNicoll
    SamNicoll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I dropped from 38D to 34J just by getting a proper fitting - made me feel and look much better. Since losing weight/exercising, I am now 34F or 32GG depending on brand (I bought two new bras in January after losing 40lb or so) - I am going to need a refit soon as no longer filling the cups but I'm putting it off until absolutely essential (or untiI feel like treating myself!).

I recently invested in a PROPER sport bra - what a difference it makes to my comfort and security when exercising! Perfect fit in April but now feeling a bit loose.

My advice - get a proper fitting, always try before you buy, invest in a sports bra.

(UK sizing, BTW)
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Went in the opposite direction - sorry.
    From 40D to 36DD.
  • PrissyPisces
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much for sharing! Now I know what to expect, and I'll definitely check those bras out. I'm embarrassed to reveal the last time I actually owned a sports bra, so I'll just keep that to myself. >.>
  • sarahlioce
    sarahlioce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After 15 lbs, I went from a DD to a D cup. Hoping to get to a C eventually (total goal of 60 lbs to lose)
  • sarahlioce
    sarahlioce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have limited exercise to walking (very briskly - 16 minute miles) and swimming. Both great for busty gals!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I really hope I don't get kicked off of MFP for this one, (LOL) but I'm calling out all of the Dolly's. :D I want to know if anyone (DD or larger) successfully reduced their bra size, and how many pounds did you lose, before you had to go bra shopping for a smaller cup size? Also, did losing weight alleviate back pain, and was it difficult for you to exercise? I carry a lot of weight "up top", and it causes me a lot of pain. After a day of being out and about, I return home with shoulder, neck, and lower back pain. It's also extremely difficult for me to do certain exercises that I'd really like to try (jogging, jumping rope, etc.) Any advice? SERIOUSLY considering a reduction, but I feel like it may be pointless if I can just lose weight and reduce their size. :( Ladies, if you experience these issues with sizes below DD, I'd like your feedback as well.

My wife actually went up a cup size (D to DD) .. the band size shrunk faster than the uhhh .. cup filler .. as she lost weight ..
    Same here, band size went down, cup size went up and still have major issues finding a bra that fits. Big girl stores say we don't carry your size here (band size) and the rest don't carry the cup size in my band size. So frustrating
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here, band size went down, cup size went up and still have major issues finding a bra that fits. Big girl stores say we don't carry your size here (band size) and the rest don't carry the cup size in my band size. So frustrating

Bare necessities. com

Or Google for lingerie boutiques or stores that do fittings in your area; they usually have a wider range of sizes or can order them for you.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you want a reduction, get a reduction. My mom had a reduction and she's pretty happy with it. If my breasts get any larger with pregnancy like hers did, I would consider a reduction.

Don't wait for weight loss to feel comfortable in your body. It's not worth long term back problems.

It depends on your doctor, and if you live in America, your insurance. Aside from the fact weight loss can reduce their size anyway, losing more through weight loss could mean shorter and less complex surgery, not to mention the risks of surgery while overweight/obese. You can't always just hop on down to the hospital and get surgery.

OP, I've lost 23lbs total which has meant about 2 inches off my breasts. I haven't noticed a change in bra sizes, mostly because I couldn't keep affording to buy larger sizes so I was spilling out of my old one anyway!
  • lcangelini
    lcangelini Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was a 34DD before and have definitely noticed my girls have gotten a lot smaller even just after 10lbs. I haven't actually gotten remeasured yet but I"m wearing a 32DD right now and it fits :) Don't know what my actual size is tho

(Also, the girls were completely different sizes (1 cup difference) and now look closer in size if anyone has that problem lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!