Dessert Ideas

mrsewert
mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I'm hosting a party at my house on Friday and I'm in need of a low calorie dessert idea that will still wow the crowd! :)

Replies

• Mmmm Fruit Pizza. Google it, theres a ton of recipes w/ lower cal options!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Why not the pumpking fluff that is on here? It sounds wonderful!

Have fun at your party :laugh:
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Hungry Girl has a Red Velvet Cupcake recipe...REALLY good and low in calories!!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    angel food cake or angel food cupcakes are perfect for tasty and healthy. making it from scratch is maybe 8 ingredients. there is also chocolate angel food (yummy yummy). if you want also create a berry sauce which can just be fruit with water and a little sugar. heat in a pan till the berries burst and release jucies. (but leave on the side so people can control flavors and calories
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119

How can I find that recipe?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin!!!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    I mix 3/4 cup of oats, a tiny tsp brown sugar. Tbsp olive oil and tsp cinnamon by hand. Then pour evenly over 2 small-medium sized apples, cut and peeled and bake until they are soft! The apples make it really sweet so you dont need to add a lot of sweetener. Sometimes I dont add any :) Makes about 2 servings :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    A lowfat trifle is always good with lots of fruit in it and you can use a store bought angel food cake.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/180/Low-Fat-Trifle94096.shtml

Here is a great fruit pizza recipe as well.

http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/2010/08/moms-fruit-pizza/
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member

How can I find that recipe?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin!!!

Here's the thread;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/133842-pumpkin-fluff-super-easy-for-gatherings?hl=pumpkin+fluff
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Ohhh my girlfriend just gave me this recipe and I plugged it into the recipe builder here. :)

Orgasm Cake (Cuz I"m hosting one of 'those' parties :laugh: )

White Cake Mix
    Sweetened Condensed Milk (Fat Free)
    8 oz Cool Whip (Fat Free)
    1 cup coconut

Bake cake according to directions and poke holes in the top and pour the sweetened condensed milk over top. Put in the fridge and allow to cool. Spread cool whip on top and sprinkle with a cup of coconut.

Cal Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Here is the nutrition info: Per Serving: 206 26 6 3 184 0
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Do a search in the forum for Pumpkin Mouse. A guy posted a fantastic recipe in the threads that is low calorie and tastes just like the real thing for a 1/3 of the calories! MMM.

Shannon
  • Speaking of pumpkin - I REALLY want to try this pumpkin muffin recipe that Hungry Girl sent out yesterday!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=2233

If anyone tries it, let me know! :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    If you google hungry girl desserts I am sure you can find something
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Does anyone have the Hungry Girl, red velvet cake recipe? I'm making red velvet cupcakes for Thanksgiving but would love to make a healthier version so I can have one or two.
  • PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES

1 box spice cake mix
    1 cup water
    15 ounces canned pumpkin
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Use paper cupcake liners. Mix all ingredients in bowl and fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool before serving. They are very moist cupcakes.

Makes 22

I added it to the food data base under Homemade pumpkin spice cupcakes if you want to pop it into your food diary. These are seriously to die for! I got the recipe from here to begin with-just reposting :smile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Ohh... I'd like this too. Red velvet is my favorite!

Shannon
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Mmmm Fruit Pizza. Google it, theres a ton of recipes w/ lower cal options!

I LOVE this stuff!!! It's amazing and worth the calories!!
  • I found the recipe on the hungry girl website:

Red HOT!
    These cupcakes are so moist, so delicious, so RED, and so completely guilt-free, that writing extra words to introduce this recipe would be a complete and total waste of everyone's time. So here ya go... HG's Red Velvet Insanity Cupcakes!

Ingredients:

For Frosting
    6 tbsp. Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
    6 tbsp. Cool Whip Free, thawed
    1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
    1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)

For Cupcakes
    1 cup Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Devil's Food**
    1 cup Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Classic Yellow**
    Two 25-calorie diet hot cocoa mix packets
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
    1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
    1/2 oz. red food coloring
    1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
    Place half of your chocolate chips (2 tbsp.) and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer until mixture is cold (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and 1 tbsp. Splenda until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Place bowl in the fridge to chill until cupcakes are ready to be frosted. Once the cocoa in the freezer has chilled, give it a stir, and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add the cake mixes, egg substitute, remaining chocolate chips, red food coloring, 1 tsp. Splenda, and salt. Using a whisk or fork, mix batter for about 2 minutes (until smooth and blended). Batter will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up once baked! Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, and spray lightly with nonstick spray (or simply spray the pan with nonstick spray). Evenly spoon batter into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, evenly spread the frosting over them. Enjoy! MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
    Calories: 134
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 266mg
    Carbs: 25g
    Fiber: 0.75g
    Sugars: 11g
    Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 3*
This discussion has been closed.