share your favorite healthy snacks and meals!!

Options
zericaaaaa
zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
my personal favorites are-

1 wheat sandwich thin
2 tbs salsa
1 serving of green peppers
1 chicken breast
1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese

spread salsa on both sides of sandwich thin and add remaining ingredients. cook in conventional oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 mins for the perfect thin crust pizza!

my favorite diet/shakeology shake-

1 scoop vanilla shakeology
1 banana
2 tbsp dark chocolate morsels
1 light and fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt
2 tbsp pb2
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

blend and enjoy!

a light snack-
8 thin slices of cucumber
1 frigo light string cheese
2 tbsp of hummus

chop string cheese into 8 bite size pieces. spread hummus on each cucumber slice and top with cheese

Replies

• queensandria
    Options
    I cant copy the whole recipe on my phone but i can share the link to it! Its the most amazing gluten and grain free cauliflower crust pizza! Even the kids and the carb loving hubby enjoyed the heck out of it and are asking for me to make it weekly http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html?m=1
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I freeze melon chunks and bananas, and purchase mixed frozen berries and strawberries. I have a 3 cup cuisinart mini food processor. I blend the bananas by themselves and some times add cocoa powder. So very good. Creamy and yummy.

With some melon chunks, lets say honeydew, I put those in frozen right from the freezer. The berries are slightly defrosted in the microwave for a second or 10. I don't fully defrost them. I put those in the mini food processor. I need to add about 1/4 cup of water to get it all blended, and I have to take the lid off and push the fruit chunks down, but it makes such a yummy refreshing fruit ice, sorta like a sorbet.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    omg those both sound great! I wish I had the tools necessary to make all this stuff haha I can't wait to try
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't have a fancy blender, bananas taste great coated in cocoa too
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i been on a kick these days with a salad bar that can also be used for wraps ..always fresh fruit is a favorite ... and southwest salsa
  • curlygirl513
    Options
    What is PB2? I realize PB is peanut butter, but what is the 2?

also, want to add that now that I am avoiding refined sugar, I also like 40 grams of raisins. I looked down on raisins before I went no refined sugar/whole foods/vegan, but they are so sweet they are like candy to me. I eat them slowly and enjoy them with a low cal drink, like coffee, tea, or water.
  • curlygirl513
    Options
    Even if you don't have a fancy blender, bananas taste great coated in cocoa too

I invested in the mini food processor just for this weight loss/lifestyle change. It was under 40 dollars with free shipping on Amazon. A regular blender works just fine too to make these. You just have to push the fruit chunks down a bit longer. You have to push the fruit chunks down on the mini cuisinart too, so blender or little food processor, or magic bullet, they all work for blended frozen fruit.

There is a wonderful banana "ice cream" with chocolate sauce recipe on the blog thisrawsomelife

The blogger is a wonder figuring out how to make raw desserts with no refined sugar.