Bars?

Options

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    None of the tasty, good protein bars ("clean" or "dirty") are cheap, unfortunately. I think *if* you can find them locally, they can be a little cheaper (but still close to $2.50-$3.00 a pop :frown: )
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    3 guys walk into a bar and the 4th one ducks! Yeeee!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sooooo . . . no tequila shots then? Well, alright. I'm off to find a decent martini.

I'm more of a whiskey girl myself. Although I do enjoy a good mojito!

So, you're an underage girl who will put alcohol in her body but not something that's actually healthy and full of nutrients like soy?

Ok, then.

First of all, I'm not underage where I'm from. Secondly, I don't drink at all, haven't touched a drink since I started my weight loss other than for my best friend's birthday. Thirdly, stop being rude and over sensitive and stop judging other people before you even know them. You need to take the pole out of your *kitten* we were playfully joking.

Not being rude at all. I do understand the thought that some foods are gross and icky, even when they're merely an ingredient in something that otherwise tastes like a chocolate candy bar. I'm raising a toddler, so I've witnessed it firsthand.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Today at the gym I saw these chocolatey looking protein bars that looked amazingly good, but the first ingredient was soy (gross! no offense to anyone whom consumes/likes soy, but I do not want that in my body). Are protein bars ok for you and has anyone had good/bad experiences with them? I have really been craving brownies lately and I know theres like low calorie sweets and stuff that you can have that are in bar-type form or even like tiny bite sized form, but the ingredients just always seem so horrible like it sickens me to think about putting in my body (i.e. vegetable or canola oil, soy products, margarine, etc.)

Does anyone have any brands they specifically like that aren't TOO expensive and that have decent ingredients in them? Or does anyone have any good recipes to make these kind of chocolatey or sweet but healthy protein bars at home?

Much appreciated, hope everyone is enjoying their summer/winter! <3 xx

Like you, I do not eat soy or anything that have in soy. I normally bake my own protein bars or eat these: Two Moms In The Raw - only 5 grams of protein, but when I am rushing around, they keep me full until my next meal. They are also gluten free.

4 bars from TJ-Max for $6.99 and yes they are "Organic".

Ingredients: Oats, Agave, Sunflower Seeds, Buckwheat, Pumpkin Seeds, Blueberries, Millet, Apples, Sesame Seeds, Flax Seeds, Pecans, Almonds, Cinnamon and Sea Salt
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, like most everything, has studies "showing" it causes cancer, so you might wanna stop drinking it.

Again, you're being judgemental to a joke. If everyone could take their negative vibes and drift away from me that would be A+ :-)

Starts advertising food-snobbery attitude all over the place "I refuse to put THAT in my body!" and then calls other people "rude" and "negative" for pointing out inconsistencies with drinking alcohol. Tries to hide behind it as "joking".

Jon-Hamm-Head-Nod.gif
  • 90to20
    90to20 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, like most everything, has studies "showing" it causes cancer, so you might wanna stop drinking it.

Again, you're being judgemental to a joke. If everyone could take their negative vibes and drift away from me that would be A+ :-)

Starts advertising food-snobbery attitude all over the place "I refuse to put THAT in my body!" and then calls other people "rude" and "negative" for pointing out inconsistencies with drinking alcohol. Tries to hide behind it as "joking".

Jon-Hamm-Head-Nod.gif

Also mentions 'no offense' to people whom like to consume it at all, it's just a personal choice. If you don't like what I'm saying tell me personally to passive aggressively post rude comments against me personally for no reason haha

and the joking was about the alcohol...not that I have to justify myself. Just who cares?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I too could live without the food snobbery. I hear enough of it out in my day to day life.

Im like okay, more boone's farm and velveeta for me. ;)
  • 90to20
    Options
    I too could live without the food snobbery. I hear enough of it out in my day to day life.

Im like okay, more boone's farm and velveeta for me. ;)

Didn't know expressing an opinion online was considered snobbery?
  • 90to20
    Options
    Like you, I do not eat soy or anything that have in soy. I normally bake my own protein bars or eat these: Two Moms In The Raw - only 5 grams of protein, but when I am rushing around, they keep me full until my next meal. They are also gluten free.

4 bars from TJ-Max for $6.99 and yes they are "Organic".

Ingredients: Oats, Agave, Sunflower Seeds, Buckwheat, Pumpkin Seeds, Blueberries, Millet, Apples, Sesame Seeds, Flax Seeds, Pecans, Almonds, Cinnamon and Sea Salt
    [/quote]

Ooooh I'll try these! Thanks!!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Some of the bars on this site, list some 'better' choices too:

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/16/the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars/
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Sooooo . . . no tequila shots then? Well, alright. I'm off to find a decent martini.

I'm more of a whiskey girl myself. Although I do enjoy a good mojito!

Ah I want a Mojito... For the bars. I don't like them. I know several people who swear by them but, I just don't like the way they taste so why bother with them.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My co-worker had a Simply Protein bar today. 150 cals 16g protein, gluten and soy free. I will try it and let you know how it goes.
  • 90to20
    Options
    Some of the bars on this site, list some 'better' choices too:

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/16/the-5-best-and-worst-nutrition-bars/

Wow, thanks! :D
  • 90to20
    Options
    My co-worker had a Simply Protein bar today. 150 cals 16g protein, gluten and soy free. I will try it and let you know how it goes.

oooh, please do!!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I love every single one of the RawRev bars I've tried. I haven't tried all of them, but eventually, I'll have them all tried. They aren't necessarily high protein... but they contain nuts, sprouted seeds, etc, so there's some protein.

http://www.rawrev.com/
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Larabars are good. You might vibe well with those.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Here is a dense bar that you might deem appropriate to put in your body... :noway:

I give you 1 guess to figure out what the 1 ingredient is.

Oskri - Fig Food Bar
    http://www.amazon.com/Oskri-Fig-Bar-1-9-Ounce-Pack/dp/B005Q8BP0U
  • 90to20
    Options
    I love every single one of the RawRev bars I've tried. I haven't tried all of them, but eventually, I'll have them all tried. They aren't necessarily high protein... but they contain nuts, sprouted seeds, etc, so there's some protein.

http://www.rawrev.com/

Oh, alright. Thanks for letting me know! I'll check 'em out
  • 90to20
    Options
    Larabars are good. You might vibe well with those.

Larabars are ok but they dont carve my cravings at all and I feel like they're just high in everything (cals, fat, carbs) for such a little bar
  • 90to20
    Options
    Here is a dense bar that you might deem appropriate to put in your body... :noway:

I give you 1 guess to figure out what the 1 ingredient is.

Oskri - Fig Food Bar
    http://www.amazon.com/Oskri-Fig-Bar-1-9-Ounce-Pack/dp/B005Q8BP0U

Mmmmm! Figs!!! <3