Will weights get rid of my butt and make my boobs disappear?

Options
Sorry if I'm asking something obvious. I've almost finished weight loss. I've lost 48lbs so it's 2lbs to go. Here's a before and after:

9i4a49.jpg

I haven't been clean eating as much so I've lost a bit of tone. I'm really dissatisfied with how my body looks now after weight loss. My boobs have gone down a lot and I'm left with a butt that won't shift (damn being pear shaped) plus big upper arms (as you can see in the picture). I think you can tell by the pictures that I'm naturally bigger-boned. Is it still possible to do weights when I look like this? I really don't like how thick my body looks :/ Here's a pic to show you what I mean:

2vx0gmb.jpg

Replies

• arisubaby
    arisubaby Posts: 2
    Options
    I think a common misconception is that women will gain heaps and heaps of muscle when they do strength training, which isn't true. I completely understand you don't want that bodybuilder look but I promise you need to be consuming a heap of calories and even steroids on top in order to look like that.
    What strength training will do is tone your muscles and make your muscles stronger. That in turn will help you burn even more fat.

In terms of your butt, strength exercises like squats and deadlifts will help your butt. Why else do you think powerlifters have such nice butts? XD

As for breasts, working out your chest muscles I've heard can help perk up your girls, but since boobs are mainly comprised of fat and tissue, it's different for everyone.

Congrats on your weightloss and I hope this helped you :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    As far as butt goes: I have always had a nice round butt. Squats, hip thrusts, lunges and deadlifts just made it nicer.

For boobs...it's impossible to tell until you get there. It's not the weight lifting that impacts them, it's the fat loss. Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat. When you lose fat you will lose it from your boobs as well. If you have a lot of breast tissue you may not even lose a cup size. If you don't have a lot of breast tissue you could end up losing a few cup sizes.

Weight lifting just helps with curves. You might see perkier breasts after lifting. You will see great shape form in your legs and butt. You will keep your hour glass unless you start working super hard on training your obliques (side bends don't make your waist smaller).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Using weights will tone up the muscle underneath the fat. If your boobs and butt are getting smaller, it's because they are holding less fat. These are 2 places on women where fat storage is usually high (along with back of arms and thighs). Genetics determines how fat comes off your body and there's no way for you to alter that.
    If you don't like your genetics, you TOTALLY get to blame your parents for it and have it be legit.:wink:
    Training with weights will help to retain the muscle you have and you'll be surprised at how you can look as the body fat keeps reducing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Lose fat and do the lifts usmcmp said, you'll have a great butt. The wideness will decrease and the bubble with form.

Ps, love the hair.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Everyone else gave you very solid advice on exercise and body types.

I'm just here to say you look pretty damn good! I think the problem may not be your body as much as your brain. It's common for women, especially young women, to have a really critical view on their bodies, and it's heartbreaking.

A meme I see from women all the time is "I wish I looked as good as I did when I thought I was fat." Always worrying about every inch, every body part.

Love your body. You deserve to. It's yours and you've worked hard for it. You take good care of it. And like I said, you look great.
    I agree here with Brett. Social media and Hollywood have banged into female's heads of what's acceptable to look like as a female and many times it's not attainable. Not to mention that many of the "hot" actresses have really bad eating habits trying to keep their figures.
    People really forget how fortunate they are when it comes to being somewhat healthy and not suffering debilitating diseases or genetic dispositions. As mentioned, learn to love yourself. It makes the progress seem so much more satisfying.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! You have incredible curves!

As a woman who lifts I can tell you that lifting and losing fat will make your body feel tighter and slimmer. I got to my goal weight and wasn't happy because I thought I would be leaner. Lifting really is the key to helping tighten everything up. You may find that you will end up weighing less than you originally planned.

Don't worry about getting bulky, it just doesn't work that way for us women. I'm a bodybuilder and have had to work very hard to look like my picture, but that is mostly super low body fat.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Aw. I think your bathing suite picture looks great. We are our own worst critics though.

I think weight training will help you meet your goals. I have been doing weights for about a year now. I have definitely seen improvements in my body, even though I haven't lost another pound, or even an inch. It seems like the "pockets" of fat that I had left over are smoothing out and disappearing. I started out with lighter weights, and but if I had it to do over, I would start as heavy as I could.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Everyone else gave you very solid advice on exercise and body types.

I'm just here to say you look pretty damn good! I think the problem may not be your body as much as your brain. It's common for women, especially young women, to have a really critical view on their bodies, and it's heartbreaking.

A meme I see from women all the time is "I wish I looked as good as I did when I thought I was fat." Always worrying about every inch, every body part.

I just wanted to agree with this. The bolded meme really rings true for me. Based on the pics, I'm a good 10 years older than you. (Can't tell for sure since your profile is friends only) Had you asked me when I was your age, I'd have told you I was thick or chunky. I found an old picture a while ago and was shocked at how not fat I was. I was curvy and those pics look a lot like your beach pic. Print that pic then use a marker to outline the edge of your torso and you'll get a nice hour glass shape.

Absolutely do the weight training. You'll get slimmer and stronger, but don't hate on your body now. No one looks like the models and actresses in the pictures in the media, not even the people actually in the pictures.
    Love your body. You deserve to. It's yours and you've worked hard for it. You take good care of it. And like I said, you look great.
    It took me a long time to learn this. Seriously, it was years into my marriage before I really believed that my husband actually prefers my curvy hourglass body type. Don't be like me. Learn to love and rock the body you have, even as you work to improve it.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    You have a nice shape, OP. Very nice curves :wink:

I think weight lifting might help perk up your butt a bit (not that it isn't great now ... because it is, but if you want a bit more firmness that's fine too). As someone else mentioned, building muscle under your boobs can also give them a bit of perk too. I've also found that compound lifts for upper body (bench press, seated or bent row, pull ups, overhead press) and a bit of focus on the deltoid raises can give a very nice upper body definition and assist in the illusion of more an hour-glass shape for me (I tend a bit towards pear shape, too). Compound lifts is the way to go!

Good work on your loss! You should be proud :smile:
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My husband just said you have a lovely and smackable bottom (just like me). Believe me...that is a compliment. You have a fabulous body - weight lifting will change the composition a bit, and probably make you love yourself just a bit more, but it's really a lot in your head. Love the curves lady!