Mantras

So I feel a little silly asking you guys this, but I just wanted to know if there are any quotes or mantras you tell yourselves when working out?

I am a person who went from being rather sedentary to working out almost every day of the week. I have to say just two weeks into this I'm already feeling differences in my body but there are times in a workout I just want to jump off that damn machine and get a hamburger. Im happy to say I have seen every workout through the whole hour but boy some days have really tried me. So what keeps you guys motivated when your mind is screaming at you to give up?

Wishing you all the very best in your journey :)

Sincerely,
Darya

Replies

• melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Never let what you can't do interfere with what you can do.
  • alodiaa
    alodiaa Posts: 22 Member
    I constantly repeat 'Just one more minute' to myself. Be it during a relatively fast run, or a hard workout, or really anything that's pushing me to my limits. I get through that minute and repeat my 'mantra' to myself again and again. I don't know if I'm tricking anybody (esp. myself!) but it seems to work!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I normally swear at my self repeatedly (not always in my head)...

Works for me!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    My mantra is my profile pic. :)

"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward"
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Lol sometimes I go "Just keep running, just keep running. Just keep running, running, running - what do we do? We - RUN!" In Dory's voice from Finding Nemo. Inside my head, of course.
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

― Socrates
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    I generally do positive self talk in the morning :) This is one of my faves :)
    "What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.”
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    "Just keep moving" is my biggest one. The last 5 minutes of running can really suck sometimes, but if I remind myself just keep moving and time will keep moving, too, it works for me somehow. Before I know it, time is up and I'm done.

I run every other day, so I also repeat "I have all day tomorrow to rest." Even if I feel like I'm going to die, I can just rest it off the next day. :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    I can quit anytime I want.

Weird, I know, but knowing I can makes me not want to.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Bi-kin-i, bi-kin-i, bi-kin-i, bi-kin-i
  • Zondeare
    Zondeare Posts: 50 Member
    When running "my feet are fast, my legs are strong so I can do this all day long!"

When lifting "someday I won't be able to do this. Today is NOT that day"
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Mine? "You're worth it."
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Similar to everyone else, "keep going, keep going". Repeated a thousand times.

My life philosophy is "a goal without a plan is just a wish".