What is your fitness mantra?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger...(the bodybuilder, not the govna')
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Since my main motivation is my wedding/fitting into my dress, I was thinking of a temporary mantra:

"Say yes to that dress!"*LOL*

I love that show.....

Shannon
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Do Work Son"
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I always have Chalene Johnson's words in my head when I feel like stopping a workout early.... "Not because you want to, because you have to" and I always tell myself I only want to stop because I want to not because I have to so I keep on plugging away!

Heh - I hear Chalene Johnson's voice in my head sometimes too and she is saying, "YOU ARE NOT TIRED!!!"

However, like Lucky Leprachaun, my fave phrase is "Yes, I CAN!!!"
  • bjgdal
    bjgdal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not doing this because I care that much about what I look like so none of the mantra's that appeal to vanity will work for me. Mine is just "I want to live!"

Because if I don't do this now there may not be a "later".
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    mine is "come on baby gir" and "dig dig dig" to the tune of fast and furious tokyo drift soundtrack
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    These are great!!!
    Mostly I just remind myself of how uncomfortable I was overweight and how I never want to be there again.

But..."MANEATER" and "HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER" get me out the door most days!

Different songs get me pumped once I'm ALREADY working out:
    Where's your head at?-Basement Jaxx
    Fighter-X-Tina
    Drop the World-Lil' Wayne
    Sky's the Limit-Lil' Wayne
    Too Deep-Girl Talk
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I do one of two things ... the first is what I used when I was in labor w/ my kids (had both natural w/ no drugs at all) and that is Zazen Breathing that my husband taught me. He follows Zen Buddhism. It works really well. You take deep breaths in very nice and slow counting each breath for 10 breaths.

If that doesn't work I tell myself: "It's like childbirth, you cannot quit just because you are tired." Told it sounded stupid but it works for me! :tongue:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    These are great! I hope a few people add more....

Shannon
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    mine is "come on baby gir" and "dig dig dig" to the tune of fast and furious tokyo drift soundtrack

I always put on "Tokyo Drift" by Teriyaki Boys at the end of a run if I feel like I am going to pass out. It suddenly gets so much easier to finish.