New here to the site few questions

bum324
bum324 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my friend introduced me to this site, since her dad uses this tools of calory intake and watch what you eat. She said her dad lost 20 lbs in three months.
So Now i can understand how much calories i'm puttin on my self and was amazed how much Cal some food has.
I've started with Circuit training every other day with keeping up HR-~150 bpm.
other days I do treadmills and row keeping my HR-~150 as well. 5'9 187 lbs.
I used be 177lbs and over the course of 6 months gained about 10 lbs.
need to loose about 15-20 lbs. wondering...
How long over the course of time would it take to keeping up with recommended Cal intake?
why do they add those burned Cal from excercise on the food intake? averg.1400Cal, but with burning 400 Cal from exercise, they added that and said my daily averg Cal consumption should be 1800 Cal.? why is that?
Is it ok if I consume more protein than Carb?
help me out here guys....my clothes do not fit as well as i used to... no good !!!

Replies

• bum324
    bum324 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, my friend introduced me to this site, since her dad uses this tools of calory intake and watch what you eat. She said her dad lost 20 lbs in three months.
    So Now i can understand how much calories i'm puttin on my self and was amazed how much Cal some food has.
    I've started with Circuit training every other day with keeping up HR-~150 bpm.
    other days I do treadmills and row keeping my HR-~150 as well. 5'9 187 lbs.
    I used be 177lbs and over the course of 6 months gained about 10 lbs.
    need to loose about 15-20 lbs. wondering...
    How long over the course of time would it take to keeping up with recommended Cal intake?
    why do they add those burned Cal from excercise on the food intake? averg.1400Cal, but with burning 400 Cal from exercise, they added that and said my daily averg Cal consumption should be 1800 Cal.? why is that?
    Is it ok if I consume more protein than Carb?
    help me out here guys....my clothes do not fit as well as i used to... no good !!!
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Because when you put in how much weight you want to lose a week say 2 lbs it calculates how many calories you should eat a day to lose 2 lbs a week. The reason why it adds calories on when you exercise is because you are burning that many more calories, so you can eat that many more if you want to. Don't forget that if you eat too few calories, like 1000 or less that can make your body go into starvation mode and hold onto fat. Good luck!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: There is a great post on eating your calories under the newbie posts. Banks put it on here.... I think I'll bump it up again....Lots of support and encuragement on here too. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.