Hard Candies

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
I was wondering what a good choice would be for hard candies. I like Werther's Orginial minis for 15 calories a piece. What else would be good to eat while sitting at my desk? I have tons of gum too...it's basically to stop myself from eating so I have to keep my mouth occupied or else my oral fixation will take over.

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    tic tacs
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I sometimes will eat the Sugar Free Lifesavers that are individually wrapped.
  • DiscoveringDena
    Options
    I am wondering about this too, as I was eating Werther's as well. I would eat the regular sized ones (3 for a serving) 70 cal. I too am looking for a great alternative.
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I misread that and thought you said Hard CANDLES. I was thinking WHAT??????????

LOL :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Werthers too, I occasionally have 3 regular ones for 1 WW point. They taste like the inside of a Score bar but without all the fat.

Check out the weight-watchers line of sugar-free candy. I don't recommend tic-tacks (as someone mentioned) as they are so small and so low on flavor you basically eat the entire container and wasted a bunch of calories, $1.50 and aren’t satisfied.

My #1 choice is gum b/c you get that candy flavour w/ only 5 calories and 1 carb. I chew Stride and 5 React. They both last about an hour with flavor. React is a bigger piece so bubble blowing time lasts longer.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like the sugar free Coffee Rio but they are a bit hard to find. The Dum Dum pops are 59 calories for 3 of them!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes a sugar free hard candy. Four for 25 cals. :)
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    Dum Dums are lollipops but one is 20 calories and they have so many flavors!
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I failed a dental exam miserably this year from eating hard candy. Be careful!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    5 sugar free werthers originals are 40 calories. I know some people can't stand sugar free candy but I really can't tell the difference...

Charmagne
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I chew Extra Spearmint gum. It keeps my mouth occupied for a couple of hours (at least until my next meal) and 1 stick is only 5 calories. I also have Wether's original and Brach's Starlight peppermints, but I try to stay away because I just can't have one. The only day the 3 pieces (which is usually a serving size) cost me 60 calories and 15 grams of carbs...sometimes at the end of the day it just doesn't seem worth it. For me gum is definitely the way to go, and once in a while go the the candies...both are sooo good. :smile:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I agree with tic tacs and gum! Extra has a new "dessert" gum in strawberry shortcake. It helps me! :)
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    5 sugar free werthers originals are 40 calories. I know some people can't stand sugar free candy but I really can't tell the difference...

Charmagne

Yes, the sugar fee one's are awesome. I have some at my desk right now. Only 8 calories a piece.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I keep jelly bellies at my desk - one or two usually kick my craving for sugar and they're pretty low in cals too I believe.