Its tempting to Hide

Options
oblair
oblair Posts: 57 Member
I while ago I posted my success pictures on here and go loads of praise. I am back to looking like my before picture as I have been many times before. This time i'm not going to be so concerned with aesthetics and be more in to strength of will and character.

http://imgur.com/y63N2 old pics

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pics for some reason, but perhaps that's not important. Maybe the important questions are these: why are you back to your "before" pictures? And....what are you planning to do to not revert back to your old ways? Because, you see, how can you plot the correct journey forward before you figure out what wrong turn you took on the way?
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    She has a very good point. What can you do to stop this cycle for good?

Also, you have a beautiful face. Simply stunning.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep I can empathise with that sentiment. I've gained/lost so many times in the past & it was ALL about looking good in the mirror. This time I'm more bothered about feeling fit, strong, and healthy. My weight loss isn't as quick as it's been in the past. However I feel very different this time round.

Good luck OP
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! It is so freeing when you stop living for the mirror and start thinking about all the amazing things your body can do. A "fat day" can turn around so fast when you realize "Wow! I just PRed my deadlift!" or "Wow! I just ran a 5K!" or whatever your goals happen to be. At least I've found that when I focus on "ugh I've gained 5 lbs/look puffy today" I'm much more likely to dive into the junk food, whereas recognizing progress on a physical goal makes me want to achieve another and make better choices. Apologies if that sounds more pedantic than encouraging, but I meant it to say it sounds like you've had a great change in perspective and I hope it really helps your changes stick this time :)
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel like i'm in a better place now. Since I started taking anti depressants I feel like I start my day at 0 and can actually be affected by the little things. Before I felt like I started at minus 5 and would have to have a 7 day to register a 2. I'm happier than I have ever been and am not in shape which feels like progress to me. However I would like to look as good as I feel.

Try this link:
    http://i.imgur.com/GtYnKtC.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!