malnutrition

Options
kayemme
kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
one of my mfp friends was talking about fact & fiction and it got me thinking about nutrition in general. this is not meant to be a preaching, but i think it's important to remember that obesity is a form of malnutrition, just the same as famine but on the opposite side.

when the body is overfed with cheap, manufactured calories, it will react and eventually will cause the same effects of shutting down organs, reserving energy, etc., as happens in famine states.

effectively, obesity is the same as famine.

it's really important to eat well. even if you overeat, if you're overeating on nutritionally dense things, your body can process it easier.

there's a lot of talk about "starvation mode" on these boards, but many of us are >> already in it. << that's how our bodies got to be the way they are!

props to those taking steps to better the body! just keep in mind that 100calorie packs are not the ultimate answer. the best things don't come in packages. one can be nutritionally sound and be overweight/obese because it takes a while for everything to work itself out. just remember, that the weight is an effect of an imbalance for almost everyone, whether one is under or over.

i wish everyone the best of luck.

Replies